“Expected better options, but good overall...”
Review of Sushiitto

Sushiitto
Ranked #927 of 1,266 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Overall
All of the sushi spots in Panama do things to be "unique" and Sushi Itto is no different, but the choices they offer were just not very attractive. Took me a while to order, although their menu is very well laid out and easy to read.

It's not that I'm a plane Jane. I enjoy a varied palate: I love the blend of sweet and salty in Thai food, if Indian food didn't burn my stomach I would have more, I like smelly cheeses lol... but most of the sushi spots I've been to in Panama have the same combinations: a bit of caribbean-sushi, lots of "cheese" (they don't specify if it's Philly or cheeses like mozzarella which is becoming popular nowadays, despite how revolting that sounds) and forget fresh salmon, it's always smoked salmon. Sushi Itto... is the same.

DISCOUNTS
I went for their 2 for 1 Rolls special (M-W) which is a great deal in Panama! I would def recommend you go for that. However, like I said, the choices weren't so great.

RECOMMEND
I stuck with the Spicy Tuna (which wasn't spicy) and the La Pinta, a breaded & friend roll with shrimp and avocado.

They were both tasty!

That's why I can give a 4 instead of a 3.

SERVICE
The staff was attentive and accommodating, but I did go on a night where the city had almost come to a stop from heavy rains, so there were few people in the restaurant.

AMBIANCE
I like that it doesn't feel like one big cafeteria. I had entered and eaten there a long time ago, and hadn't noticed that the branch in Obarrio has a welcoming back patio! In the heart of the hotel and banking district, this patio is a big plus - would calm anyone down!

1  Thank artedalia

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I'm writing a review for the sushiito but it's strange because it's showing wrong location.. I'm at the Calle 55 Este...
The food is great, very tasty rolls. Monday-Wednesday take one get one free!))
Hot dishes also fresh and tasty.
Service is excellent
One of the best places around

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Located in strategic places, quick service and reasonably priced. The quality is not great but a good option when you are walking around in the mall.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

If you are just looking for a quick bite while sitting down in a nicer and less congested area of the mall, this place is ok. The food is ok, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Soy sauce : feels and taste like a very cheap sauce
Nigiri : rice doesn't have a good texture (feels old) and the protein was terrible eveything feels old (first time i have to spit the food in a restaurant since I was a kid)
Teriyaki : saulty