“Hair in our Pasta!”

Lido Restaurante Pizzeria
Ranked #364 of 1,231 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We went there with some local people we where there for business with. It started out good, the place was full but we were still seated quite fast, and were able to place our order not too long after. The food was good, can't complain about the taste.

The only issue was when my boyfriend was reaching the last of his pasta alfredo, suddenly there is a long black hair in it. So I called the waiter right away, didn't want to make a big deal so in very low voice informed him that there is a hair in the food. He just took the plate and walked away, as there wasn't much food left on the plate, we didn't expect to get a new meal, but we did expect an apology or a discount.

Well, nope! Nothing. When I went to pay, no discount, no apology, nothing! I even asked about it, mentioned that in Aruba (where I am from) you would get the order discounted or some free dessert, something, anything! I was informed that I should have mentioned the hair at the beginning of the meal, not at the end! Well, not my fault the hair was at the bottom of the plate!

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

We visited this place under the recommendation of a friend that visits this place often.

We ordered 1 entrance, 2 main, 1 dessert.
-The entrance was a Brocheta with tomatoes. It was good, and our kid liked it.
-Main course ordered were, Gnocchi and Eggplant lasagna. Gnocchi was very good, lasagna was not good, a little salty and burned in the top.
-Desserts was Panaccota, at the top had Hershey chocolate syrup. Panaccota was great, but syrup ruined the flavor for me.

It is not kids friendly but you can follow through as place is small and their furniture is adaptable, the chairs at made from durable plastic. So no worries on kids braking them easily.

If you pay by credit card, the staff is not allowed by the owners to being the Point-of-sale machine, you are escorted to he cashier desk to make your payment. Asked the staff why? They don't know why, it because is management orders.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I bring my aunt from United States, cause she likes Italian food, also my family, and I was very surprised when I did ask for the most popular entree and they offer us just Chicken Fingers, I ask again for another and then they insist with that new dish, so I turned away and ask for Salmon Carpaccio instead, asking directly for bread, cause I remembered that they served very thin slices. When carpaccio was served without bread, and no service to eat, I was very disappointed. No water served despite we asked for it several times. The cashier apologize and tried to fixed all, so I give her points for that. After all, the pizza was good, I suppose the owner want their clients for delivery and just keeping the restaurant for their friends (the next table was their friends, and they were very well served for the owner himself). Carpaccio was regular and at the end they bring a focaccia lightly burnt that arrived all together with the Capricciosa (without artichokes) and Lido, the tiny table crowded, pizzas were definitely good, service not.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

My wife and I just ate at Lido's and it was a magical experience! Had Fruti di mari with linguinis and my wife had the chicken soup. Both were excellent and the service was great.

1  Thank Mark_Sun
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The pasta was not cooked to my liking nor was the sauce remarkable in any way. The service was as poor as the food. Indifference in both cases.