Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Poor standard of hygiene. We found many blood spots on our bedsheets, not acceptable at all. (see photo in collage)

This is not a hotel but rather a dirty motel. I been in much cleaner hostels and motels than this place. A very very dated old place with dirty rooms, lots of broken things in the room, both shower and sink faucets broken, blinds broken, wall broken, paint falling off the walls.

Very unpleasant place to stay. After all that mess a bottle of water in the room would be a nice gesture as a welcome.

Walking exact 30 minutes to Castco Viejo (old town).

- Front desk doesn’t even have a big proper map to provide visitors or guide visitors.
- WiFi doesn’t work as floor levels goes up 3rd floor hardly connection, 4th floor nothing, good connection is only to stay in lobby.

- Hard to find proper good food to eat nearby.
- No mini refrigerator in the room.
- All bedsheets needs to be completely replaced to new, they are faded, old and thin. After all the money they get from visitors I’m sure they can afford to change their bedsheets.

- Staff don’t speak English, hard to communicate.
- My impression the owner really doesn’t care about anything about this hotel nor wants to put effort to fix and update and provide good service for its visitors, only care about money.
- They charge you $1 a day for leaving your bag in storage.

- Just a FYI, this is a pet friendly hotel, I saw lots of dogs walking in and out the hotel and elevator with their owners. I hope they clean the rooms very properly for people having allergy. And I hope visitors don’t sleep their pets in human bed.

No wonder they have such a bad reviews and low stars on TripAdvisor.

Breakfast served at hotel restaurant is by another party a sweet husband and wife are in charge and make breakfast for $5 (if it’s not included in your room) it’s basic and they have simple menu to choose eggs, toast, pancakes, cafe, juice, Panamanian food, no free refill of coffee/juice.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Traveller2920
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

The hotel was in a very sad state. Not dirty exactly but not clean. In our first room the shower was inadequate needing a good descale. The bed sheets were thin and needed replacing. After we complained we were moved to a 'better' room, which had been cleaned but in this room the blinds wouldn't open. We may have been able to see the sea if we could have opened the blinds. There was a lift but you had to climb about ten steps to reach it and there was no-one to help with the cases.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Nomad787781
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Everything was ok untill i asked one of the cleaning staff to not enter my room. I asked politely a couple of times and told them that id rather clean myself because of the valuables in the room.
I left, locked my door and came back to my wallet open on the table with 300 dollars cash missing.
I calmly proceeded to the reception where i asked very nicely and poleitely to talk with someone in management.
They hid the manager and wouldnt give me their number. I had to beg to see the cameras which they told me isnt possible until i call the police. Knowing the police wouldnt do anything i did not call.
They finally let me see the cameras 2 days later and wouldnt fast forward, pause or basically care about what was possibly happening. They told me they expect me to sit and watch for 12 hours until something is spotted in which case they keep telling me there is nothing to see.
I truely recommend anywhere but this place.
The sheer lack of care and the way they treat you makes you feel like you are the one trying to steal from them.
The staff was kind up untill the momment i asked about my stolen money they changed and started being very cold and unnattentive.
I repeat i was polite and calm throughout the whole thing. They said that it doesnt seem to be bothering me so much and if it actually happened i would be much angrier. I personally own a hotel. I DO NOT treat my guests in this way.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Beach157
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2019

Good morning, thank you for writing the review as you threatened us in the hotel.

The NIGHT that you reported in reception that you were stolen, they indicated to management to review the cameras, management indicated that we would gladly review the cameras but that you should also file a report to the police as it is relevant to a theft, what you refused. You even wanted to stay one more night at the hotel.

Because you did not give the importance to put the report, the next morning the cameras were reviewed, when we were going to show you, you were all day outside the hotel, so we had no way, the next day We indicate that you will go down to the reception to see the cameras so that you can see how NO ONE came into your room, not even the person in charge of the cleaning as you requested.

You did not even want to finish watching the video saying that it could be manipulated, so we asked you again to call the police to put the report because you doubted so much about us. Again you refused.

As you understand, we are not in business for many years (1975) stealing money from our guests. We owe it to them and we try to help them in everything we can.

We asked you not to continue at the hotel at the end as it was causing discomfort among the staff with accusations and lies.

We hope you take this response into account and understand that at no time was our intention to cause you any harm or to make you feel that we did not care, only the events were carried out according to the regular procedures.

Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

Our stay here was part of a g adventures tour but the choice of hotel was not good. The staff were surly and could not provide a map of the area. There is NOWHERE locally to eat. We had to move rooms as there was no hot water to the shower. On another occasion there were no towels at 5 o’clock; I eventually got them after pleading with reception 3 times.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Budget hotel not too far away from the old town. No food or drinks available. Restaurant room and a machine for buying snacks and drinks in place but on the two occasions I stayed both were out of action. Reception staff good and the rooms were adequate, ac worked well, with a good shower. I was booked to stay for a two day break at the end of our tour but decided to go for a little more home comforts and available food and drinks.
Ff

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple