“It’s open all the time but you may not like it.”

Don Blas 2 - Restaurante y cafeteria
Ranked #221 of 1,202 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The best thing you can say about this place is that it is nearly always open. Unfortunately, the food is poor, the service awful, and the prices higher than you’d like.

It is popular with lower and middle class Panamanian families.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

There weren't many restaurants open on Christmas Day, so I had limited choices. Don Blas was one of them. The food was nothing special, in fact, it was not that good. I ordered a salad and an entree that consisted of fried shrimp, white rice and another small side salad. Except for the salad, which is difficult to ruin except that the dressing was French, the food--fried shrimp and white rice was not good. The friend shrimp batter was soggy, the rice was dry and cold. The only redeeming factors were that the waitress was pleasant and the cost of the meal was half of the normal price because of a December special where everything was half price. Even at half price the meal wasn't a bargain, but I felt much better having only paid half as much as it normally would cost.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and friendly service. The atmosphere is family oriented. The tequenos were excellent! Nice sized portions.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I was in Panama City waiting for a flight out in a few days and found this place by accident. I was a little concerned because there were not a lot of people inside. The service was excellent from the moment I sat down. The food was great. I would take a cab if necessary to go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Our Canadian friends ate breakfast at Don Blas yesterday and recommended it, so we had breakfast there this morning. My husband had two eggs with bacon, I ordered a mushroom omelette, that we served by itself so I also ordered pancakes. We had a juice each and I had a cappuccino. My husbands meal was modest and my omelette should have included toast or fruit as It would at any Ihop or breakfast place at home, but was served by itself, as were the three modest pancakes (pre-made mix).
The total bill was just under $30 US, which is extremely expensive for a average and modest breakfast.
I wouldn't recommend this place for Breakfast!