Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2019

We stayed at this hotel in July 2019. There were numerous issues:
1. The sink in the "full kitchen" didn't work and no effort was made to fix it once we pointed that out.
2. The whole room smelled like sewage.
3. There were violent and/or sexually explicit music videos playing constantly in the lobby to the point where we couldn't let our kids be in that space.
4. Only one of the 6 front desk staff we interacted with made any attempt to speak English.
5. A leak in a pipe in the ceiling of the bathroom meant that there was a layer of water of unknown origin covering the bathroom floor

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Saul M
Reviewed 20 March 2019

I booked this hotel through Priceline which gave it 4 stars. NO WAY! This hotel has recently been renovated, so there is fresh marble everywhere. That is about all you can say for it. It is in a poor, commercial neighborhood, very seedy, where everything closed down after dark. There are no amenities, not even hot water. Many things in the room were broken (I had to change rooms on arrival because the a/c in the first one did not work), such as broken light, floor stop, and window. Very spartan, no decoration whatsoever. Only two towels, no washcloth, no bathmat (had to use one of the towels as a bathmat because the floor was so slippery it being marble). Soap, shampoo, and toilet paper are dispensed via commercial dispensers like you would find in a public restroom. The bathroom was VERY small. Door was only 2 feet wide, and that was partially blocked because of the door stop not letting the door open all the way. You literally have to turn sideways to enter the bathroom, and then shut the door if you want to use the sink. And again NO HOT WATER. It was fairly clean, but not quiet. All that marble causes sound to travel from one end of the floor to the other. Will never stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2018

This was my third and final stay at Hotel San Remo, as the quality has really declined over the past year. Upon arriving, as usual I requested a room with good Wifi access. The receptionist understood exactly what I asked for and assured me that there would be no issues, however she assigned me a room as far as possible from the router. I ended up having to change rooms. The next option did have decent Wifi signal but there was a tremendous noise level due to hotel remodeling efforts. After changing rooms for the third time in two days, I finally found a satisfactory option although the air conditioner was not as strong as it should be. It only lowered to the in room temperature to about 78 F/26 C. Finally, an extremely annoying oddity is that the staff indicated that they could not activate my key card for more than one day, even though I had paid for three nights. This meant occasionally waiting on a long line to reactive the key every day. There are definitely better options in Calidonia for budget lodging.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018

To keep the review short, I will list out some positives and potential improvements from my stay:

4 positives about the hotel

• Super Friendly Staff. Nice people who always seemed willing to help.

• Economic. I paid $997.81 for 28 nights or $35.64 per night. This was after a discount of $7.95 for being a regular expedia.com customer and a discount of $507.64 for the hotel being on sale.

• Convenient location. 2 minute walk to Station Loteria, 30 minute walk to Cerro Ancon and Casco Viejo. There are 2 supermarkets close by (the Super 99 and a El Machetazo) and a McDonalds just down the street. There are a lot of hotels in this area, however the area does get sketchy in places, particularly when walking towards Cerro Ancon.

• The furnishings were good for a budget hotel.

4 potential improvements for the hotel

• The WIFI works very well. However the kicker is it works well until about the 3rd floor. Unfortunately I was staying on one of the higher up floors. I would have to sit near the floor to decent reception and it cut in and out a lot.

• The cleaning times were variable. One time the cleaner came 9.45am in the morning. Another time 6.30pm in the evening. It was hard to predict when the cleaner would be coming. It would have been nice to have a do not disturb sign.

• There are stains on the wall which need cleaning.

• The door card would stop working on a regular basis.

Overall it was a good hotel and I was happy with my stay. If the WIFI were better and the walls cleaner this would have been a great stay.

Room tip: Level 3 or below for better WIFI
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Hotel is clean. Staff cant speak english, but will try and help anyway possible. very close to the metro. Food in the restaurant was very good, except for the continental breakfast!
Internet is OK. For the money, a good place to stay.

One odd thing did happen, got woken up at 6 am from a maintenance guy, asking if my tv was ok.....Odd!

Date of stay: August 2017