“Great sushi but spotty service!”
Review of Martini Sushi Bar

Martini Sushi Bar
Ranked #264 of 1,236 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Amazing food... they have a variety of amazing japanese dishes that are to die for.. It is located inside the Hotel Radisson Decapolis, and definetely the best japanese restaurant in the city,,,
Reviewed 9 December 2016

The restaurant has a great deal for all you can eat sushi for $20 a person.

I was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the sushi. I ordered all the sushi selections included in the all you can eat option and they were all amazing.

The martinis that I ordered were all delicious and went well with the sushi.

I cannot say the same about the service however. The restaurant was not very busy and there were about 4 servers and the service was almost non existent.

Would return again strictly for the food but do not expect great service as you will be disappointed. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I cannot communicate fluently in Spanish but in a great metropolis like Panama City, I'd expect better service than that.

5  Thank yycflip

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I have travelled a lot and tasted amazing sushi in placer like St Petersburg Russia, London etc. But one place you would not believe has good sushi is Panama city. this restraurant has a small selection of sushi rolls and sashimi that are to die for! you could never go wrong by coming here to enjoy a nice meal alone or with friends. The service is very good as well, this last time I went I was served by Teresa and Arelis who were absolutely incredible! they made us laugh and we had an excellent time dining here.
Trust me when it come to sushi in Panama, don't waste your time eating anywhere else, This is the place to be! I will go back like I do on my regular visits to Panama city

1  Thank oriel e
Reviewed 30 July 2016

one of the best bar i've ever been! Try the James Bond cocktail and you want forget this place for life!

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Wandering why this nice sushi place was almost empty at lunch time on a Friday. Was expecting that it was for poor sushi but surprise surprise the sushi is quite good actually, the chef knows what he is doing. Especially if you mention to avoid cream cheese that somehow seems to be overused based on friends observations. But the problem is...he is the only one showing interest for the guests. Service should not be a problem in an almost empty restaurant?

The only other occupied table (also after waiting quite a bit) received their main courses while we were still waiting for our starters. Our friend was served his beer but the wine we ordered was missing in action. The hostess had to run somewhere to grab it, was not able to open it, had to ask for help, was totally unable to answer any question on the menu without going back to the chef, was not sure which plate was what...if she was a new recrute she needed supervision and help but she was apparently alone with the chef. Totally not at par with the food nor the kind of standard normally offered in a Radisson restaurant.

Oh we got free desserts to compensate us so that is why I have not been giving this a 2.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

martini sushi bar is located in the lobby of the raddison decapolis hotel. the sushi is decent and the price is right. it lacks atmosphere and i wouldnt take my friends there. It was ok for a quick bite. why not putting the sushi on the room service menu???