Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Booking.comUS$138
eDreamsUS$138
TravelocityUS$138
All reviews convention center las hadas club floor nice hotel rooms are comfortable great amenities breakfast buffet restaurants and bars nice pool gym casino panama city concierge lounge taxis uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2020

Traveling for work. I was staying at Sheraton Gran Panama. Close to places I needed to visit, great service from very associate, transportation services always on time.
All that I was looking during this trip, this hotel was having.
Thank you for making the customers feel welcome to your hotel.

Room tip: All rooms have good space and comfortable. Room services and house keeping service very good.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NHPanama, Director General at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Good morning Jorge R:

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Sheraton Grand Panama.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most, you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grand Panama and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Panama City.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2020

Nice hotel, clean and very nice and courteous employees. Great buffet included every morning with exceptional selections and nice staff. Rooms were large enough and clean. Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NHPanama, Director General at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Good morning ward1960dwc:

Happy new year!

Reviewed 21 January 2020

The staff were awesome; very friendly, cooperative, accommodating and most of all the food was excellent. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Panama. The location is perfect for shopping, tours, restaurants and walking around mainstream Balboa AVE

Room tip: If you dont need your room clean, they offer you a 5.00 coupon to shop within the hotel stores per day.
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NHPanama, Director General at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Valentino V:

Happy new year!

Reviewed 20 January 2020

I liked this hotel for the amenities, the service, the food and the fun. I did not like it at all for the rooms.

The Sheraton Grand is a great location, easy to access driving in from a few days in the Interior and later upon exit easy to get to Tocumen Airport. During my three day stay I enjoyed the bountiful breakfast buffet, lots to choose from. From conventional scrambled eggs, bacon and toast on through made to order omelets through great local fruits, juices and pastries.

The service was great. Upon arrival the valet guided me into a curbside parking spot so I could unload a Land Cruiser full of people and bags, then only when I was ready whisked the truck away. The bell captain loaded a couple carts of bags up to our rooms. Later the buffet salon happily accommodated my party of 16 and later the poolside service also increased their visits as my party grew from four to the same 16 people keeping us well hydrated without having to ask.

The rooms while sunfilled and cozy did not have enough air conditioning power to cool the room. We set the thermostat to 66 but after two days we weren't sure whether that 66 was a humidity setting or a Celsius scale. Either way the room was stuffy at best during the 3 day stay. That was the good part of the room. That sun filled room became a dimly lit room once the sun set. There were plenty of lamps but they all contained low wattage, low profile CFL bulbs. The room has only the one mirror, in the bathroom, which made dressing for the wedding we attended a bit prolonged. I suggested to my wife she use selfie mode to solve the problem but that didn't go over to well. It wasn't after we returned from the wedding when we discovered that the sole light switch for the bathroom was located outside the bathroom door making it impossible to turn on the bathroom light without effectively illuminating the entire hotel room once the occupants had gone off to sleep. But that didn't matter because, sleeping was out of the question anyway because on the second night of our stay, a Friday night, the hotel was hosting the most blow-out of weddings I've ever witnessed and the thumping of the music could be heard AND felt by us on the 7th floor of the building, all.....night.....long. It was impossible to get any sleep. The thumping finally stopped around 530 am.

Long story short our third and final night had a similar story, though not quite the same blow-out, another wedding had been booked and again the thump, thump, thump started around 9 pm when I went out for the evening, was in full force when I returned at 1130 pm, droned on tirelessly through the night and was still thump thumping as the valet handed over the keys to my truck at 430 am when I left for Tocumen airport.

So in summary the Sheraton Grand is a fine hotel. I had a great time in Panama including the Sheraton experience. I just will make sure that future stays in this hotel will not include weekends as they are unable to assure a restful overnight experience which for me is ultimately the reason I book the stay. Everything else, the food, the decor, the service is bonus.

Room tip: Guests in the East Wing will endure the thumping of party music all night long
Date of stay: January 2020
NHPanama, Director de Recepción at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Good evening paddle3000:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is definitely frustrating. In an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future we will take the actions to improve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your election to our hotel.

We would like to get another oportunity whenever your travels bring you back to Panama City, serve as you expected and also we wish you a happy new year.

Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

It is Sunday morning on January 12th. I was awakened by loud music at 4am. It is now 450. I called the hotel to ask them to turn it down. I am staying ACROSS THE STREET. I was told it is for a wedding, and maybe it will end soon. That is all. Why is it acceptable to wake a street up at 4am for a wedding?? On a Sunday??? This is unacceptable and Sheraton should be ashamed of themselves for being disrespectful of others' sleep.

Trip type: Travelled with family
NHPanama, Director General at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2020

Dear 634rachellea:

Thank you for taking the time to share us your recent experience.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations.

We will evaluate the case as soon as posible.

Have a happy new year.