Lowest prices for your stay
InterContinental
US$142
Free cancellation until 04/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$142
eDreamsUS$142
HurbUS$147
1,162 results
All reviews bit dated large pool breakfast buffet caravan tour main restaurant high floor the pacific ocean casco viejo the executive lounge panama ihg concierge jorge gym balboa uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel. Especially the clean rooms, thanks to Vielga, our Room Service, she was very nice and professional! Also the staff at the breakfast has always treated us very kindly. Really recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2019

We really enjoyed staying it this hotel. The rooms were big, clean, up to date and well appointed. The view of the ocean from or 17th floor room was fantastic!! The staff went out of there way to make sure we enjoyed our time in Panama. They help us find a last minute tour to the San Blas Islands when everyone said the tours were completely sold out. A big thank you to Keyla Avila, Lourdes Oses and Leieys Martinez...you guys are the BEST!!!!

Room tip: Get a room with an ocean view...the higher the floor the better. The entire wall that faces the ocean is glass and makes for a great view
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2019

Some things have improved since our last visit -- for one, it's now an IHG property, and there is an operations manager (Yvonne) who is almost everywhere, and interested in everything.

The best thing about the hotel is the location on the Bay – views from bayside are spectacular. It's on Balboa Ave., easily reached, near restaurants, with a red tourist double-decker bus stop across the street. Cabs are easily hailed. Note: cabs are much less expensive than the private taxi the hotel will provide ($10 to downtown vs. $3 from local cab). Very important -- there’s a crosswalk and light at the rear of the hotel on Balboa Ave. It is virtually impossible to cross the road safely without the crosswalk.

There are some serious challenges facing the hotel. The hotel has 25 floors, but only two elevators (plus a service elevator). One of the two guest elevators was often out of service. One evening I was stuck in the elevator on the 24th floor for about 20 minutes. Apparently, this is not an unusual occurrence. Even when both elevators are working the service is slow and inadequate. (After I mentioned being stuck to Yvonne we received a written apology, a snack tray, and a bottle of red wine!) The elevator problem really is an Achilles heel.

We have found it challenging to get information from the front desk. The concierge was often busy or absent, and the desk was out of city maps. When pressed, they gave us the red tourist bus map. This was helpful, but a city map would have been better. I went down in the elevator with a guest who was trying to find flavored ice for a family member with a stomach problem. The desk clerks were not able to provide any assistance. I found out later that there was a case in the hotel restaurant that had flavored ice; a small convenience store about two blocks away had popsicles. They should have known about both options. It would be very helpful if the hotel information book included information on convenience stores and restaurants close to the hotel.

We left our room several times in late afternoon, before the room was serviced, and were pleased each time we returned to find that the maid had been there. Linen service, however, was spotty – some towels were missing virtually every day. Personal hygiene items were sort of random – for a while we had six shampoo bottles, but nothing else. There is a $2.00 per day surcharge for maid gratuity -- wonder how much goes to the maids?

Service in the restaurant is often described as very slow – we found it to be slow in the morning, with coffee refills very hard to come by. To our surprise, the service two evenings we chose to eat in was OK.

We had an early morning birding trip and had twice discussed getting a breakfast snack bag with the desk clerk. Both times the man took our names and room numbers, and told us the bags would be ready for our 6:15 departure. They weren’t. Neither the desk clerk or kitchen knew nothing. We were out of luck.

An inexplicable problem: our room keys never worked more than two days before we had to have them redone.

The hotel has a terrific pool, quite large, great for lap swimming. The visuals are lovely -- nice lobby, attractive bar and restaurant, and lovely location. Service needs work, and elevators need replacement.

Room tip: Bay side view probably best. Traffic is pretty much 24 hour.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soars37
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2019

Hi Soars37,

Thank you for sharing your review. Our hotel continues to be the luxurious Iconic hotel in Panama that oversees the Pacific Ocean. I am thrilled that the breathtaking views got your seal of approval and our accessibility to neighboring attractions was a thumbs up. You can relax at the pool, dine in our restaurant or you can indulge in a spa treatment - whichever works we got you covered. It is frustrating that the elevator was a letdown. I am glad my team was quick to recapture the mood of your stay and wine is the answer. I understand that the trouble with the room keys caused discomfort and I am sorry for the hassle. Your detailed feedback is very much appreciated and I have relayed your thoughts to our management. I am certain that the issues encountered will be addressed accordingly.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and better service the next time you are in town.

Happy to serve,

Clarisse S.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 March 2019 via mobile

This hotel recently became part of the IHG family but the service here shows a time honored tradition of old school elegance and hospitality. It was great being recognized as an IHG member and upgraded to a lovely room with a fantastic view of Balboa Drive overlooking Old Panama City and the modern skyline! The food was exceptional, and the service beyond reapproach. They make you feel special, what could be more comforting on your last night in town before an early flight back to the States?!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Dolly K
Reviewed 1 March 2019 via mobile

My first visit to Panamá was a pleasure at the Miramar Intercontinental Panamá. The hotel is located in a within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and casinos.

The room was very clean and the hotel staff were very accommodating for a picky traveler like myself. The view from my room balcony was absolutely breathtaking. Take advantage of the breakfast buffet and enjoy the best coffee. The concierge (Erika) was very helpful with planning my excursion to Contadora Island for a two day stay. She will give the necessary details to make your trip more exciting.

During my visit, I was able to catch the sightseeing tour bus across the street from the hotel to visit the canal, Old Panamá, and the pier.
I almost forgot to mention the nice pool and bar.

I only want the best and they gave me their best, by ensuring my stay was wonderful.

Trip type: Travelled solo