“Oh my ... What a death trap!”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #87 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Pros: nice big rooms

Cons: Inadequate power, terrible food in casino, lack of hot water, terrible service,

If you don't need to be in Eldorado then the hotel is also badly situated,

The worst part of my trip beyond the lack of hot water in my room and the terrible service was my departing morning. Having been using the conference rooms I had already noted that fire escapes are not properly marked over in that apart.

I woke to have the power, once again, fail.

I called the receptionist to be told "one moment sir" at which point she hung up and did not call back. she also did not pick up phone again. After ten minutes of trying. I used my phone as a flashlight and found my way to a door marked "exit". Go through the door and you are in the laundry areas and no more signs! After a few minutes of looking I found a door to a stairwell,

Almost none of the emergency lights functioned! So I slowly went down 15 floors with my baggage and a phone for light.

On getting to the bottom I found the receptionist was completely ignoring calls from rooms!

If this had been a fire the building would have been a death trap!

Avoid at all cost!

Room Tip: Stay here at your win risk, the lack of decent fire escape signage and trained staff is scandalous...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnLCrain

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Greetings! I am a little late writing this review. I recently married the woman of my dreams. After much searching and investigating of where we would spend 5 days for our honeymoon, this is the hotel that we chose to spend that precious quality time. The hotel was everything that we had imagined. She lives in Colon Panama, and I was traveling from America. It was definitely a getaway for us both. The location was excellent. Very easy to find from the highway. There were many areas to shop (especially Albrook mall literally just minutes away). I have to express how awesome the service was. The representatives of the hotel were very pleasant daily and attended to all of our needs. We talk about our pleasant, quiet, peaceful stay often. The room was clean, HUGE, and just what we needed to spend time together. We loved the mini kitchen with table and chairs (which is where we at breakfast every morning). Thank You for such a wonderful Stay. We will be back Soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnthonyFerg82
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Mr Anthony: Thanks for your beautiful phrases, we are very happy to know that you has a perfect stay at our hotel. During your next trip to Panama don’t hesitate to stay with us again, we will be very glad to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I thought that is hotel was fine. The room was big with a microwave, coffee pot, fridge and kitchen utensils plus and ironing board and iron. It had a nice big balcony and the bed and pillows were super comfortable for me. Walk in shower had average pressure. The location seemed fine - there were lots of shops and restaurants around. There were lots of electrical sockets and wi fi was free and worked well. My only complaint is the lighting. It was all very dim and i wished i had brought a headlamp so i could read in bed comfortably. The bathroom was very dim too. Also don't forget to press the button ( you cant see it but will easily feel it) on the back of the safe door before you lock it. Otherwise you won't be able to open it! The breakfast buffet was small but adequate. It is not a full service hotel, ie. no restaurant or bar. The front desk people were helpful enough though English was a bit of a challenge for some of them. Overall not a bad choice if it is in the location you want.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank salmonpg
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Mr. Salmonpg: Thanks for your comments are very important for us and for our future guest.
During your next trip to Panama City, don't hesitate to stay with us, we will be very pleasure to have you as a guest again.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We had to stay at this hotel for 8 days ,
Our business expo was at Altapa , Panama is city of heavy and irrational traffic,
At almost the same or little higher price , hotel Sheraton would have got us comfort and value for money,
The traffic in the city is unbearable and taxis have no meters and it is always to bargain without logic,

Breakfast at the Hotel is very bad ,Adding to it we being vegetarians had lot of trouble and had to live with only fruits and breads ( not a good stuff) Gym and Spa was under renovation
Overall ,we did not enjoy our stay and hence we booked one night at Trump Hotel ,one of the fantastic experiences with little extra cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank YAJNA
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Mr(s) Yajna: Thank you for your comments, are very important for us and for our future guest. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Your opinions are being shared with our staff with the idea of ​​offering a better product every day. We, also, take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website where you can find discount, promotions and special packages. During your next visit to Panama City don't hesitate to stay with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Unless you are on a diet and appreciate frugal meals, you are not going to like this place. Service is below average, don't have a restaurant, it is hard to get a taxi and price is the same of better hotels. Wifi is annoying and it is not reliable. But Spa was great : when you get angry about thei service, you can book a massage with hot stones for US$ 70 ! and it is great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank L F
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Mr(s) LF: Thanks for your comments, are very important for us and for future guest. Sorry for any inconvenience you have during your stay at Central Park Hotel. Every day we are working to give our guest a better service.