“Good food but not real Thai food”
Review of Sukhi

Sukhi
Ranked #94 of 1,282 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Thai cuisine is my favorite so my husband asked our hotel staff to recommend a Thai restaurant and they recommended Sukhi. It is more like a cafe style restaurant but its nice. I had chicken satay which was nice and the panang chicken curry it was nice but it is not authentic Thai food. My husband had the fried rice and he said it was okay but we noticed that the rice was full of green peas. My husband asked for extra hot pepper and they prepared a side of hot pepper for him.

We returned a second time but this time we had take away and ordered the sweet and sour chicken which was nice.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Just went there on a Sunday night, a little bit surprised that there was only one customer when I entered the restaurant at 7pm. Anyway, so excited to eat here because it's the only Thai restaurant with good reviews in Panama, and I just had my thai massage in Casa Thai Spa, so I wanted to complement the experience.

PROS:
- Nice staff
- Fast service (maybe because there were only few people that time)
- Cozy

CONS:
Quite expensive - if you have a good appetite like me, hungry and want to be satiated, expect to pay at least $30. I actually paid $40 that included tax, service fee, and drink (non-alcoholic).

Food quality:
Chicken Satay - cold when served, bland, 2pcs only but costs 5+usd
Summer rolls - not intact, veggies fell apart easily, not tasty, 5+usd
Lemon Coco - not good ($3.50)
Calamari - delicious! sauce is ok too
Pad Thai - delicious but has high sodium content, immediately felt the headache after eating it; also the taste isn't really authentic

Overall: it's still okay to visit and try Sukhi restaurant, especially if you're an expat living in Panama and craving for Asian (thai) food. Just don't expect too much from this place. The restaurant is cozy but small, and doesn't have enough space between tables. This is also not ideal for people who are in a budget, and want to get their money's worth. Price doesn't really match the food quality and overall experience. Prepare to spend a lot if you really want to be satisfied.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Nice menu and food well done, but nothing spectacular. Plate decoration is simple, place is a little rusty and tables not so comfortable. This place needs renovation!!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The two dishes (fish cakes, papaya salad) I tried were tasty.

The staff was the real surprise - they handled the issue with one of the dishes very gracefully and professionally. Well done.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Sukhi was refreshing - a casual and comfortable restaurant with fabulous Asian food. Both evenings we thoroughly enjoyed our meals and we can thoroughly recommend the Sticky Ribs and the Thai Fried Rice. Ooooo, and the Banoffee.

Date of visit: August 2018