“Getting Spicy in Panama”
Review of Sukhi

Sukhi
Ranked #95 of 1,284 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My wife wanted Thai food and the reviews for this restaurant were amazing. We walked over only to find out that they were closed over the holiday but this didn't stop us. We tried again a few days later after they returned from their holiday and we weren't let down.

If you're a scared diner do not fear. The menus are in English here and the waiters speak English. The space is very comfortable. We choose a nice booth to sit in and we loved it.

The menu looked great. I was so happy to be able to communicate with the waiter because we like it spicy. I could understand the levels of burn with confidence.

We started out with the Calamari which came with a soy sauce ginger and cilantro. The squid was just cooked perfectly. The dipping sauce was unique and tasty. I will warn you that this dish is quite sticky. I even used my chop sticks but I still ended up with sticky fingers. A trip to the bathroom after eating this app is needed to wash your hands and it's totally worth it.

Our little girl got the Chicken Drunken Rice Noodles with Thai basil, onion and pepper. She really loved it. My wife makes this at home and I must say that this was almost as good as hers. Our little one asked for spicy but it wasn't hot enough for her. She added Sriracha sauce and some Jungle Juice from my wife's dish. It still wasn't hot enough for here. This kid likes the spice.

My wife ordered something called Jungle Curry with vegetables. I didn't try it because this dish sounded similar to a dish she ordered in Indonesia and I wasn't about to feel the pain in my mouth. My wife liked it and she couldn't finish it. I had a bowl of spicy green chilies on the side and she wouldn't even add it to her dish. This is why I knew it was killing her. She told me that she would probably never order it again. Congrats Sukhi you've won the battle.

I decided to go with the Chicken Garlic Egg Noodles with Chinese broccoli. I always search for good garlic dishes and I typically don't see them a lot. I was very happy with this dish. I wish it had a little more garlic. I was going for breath that would keep people from talking to me for 24 hours. I asked for spicy and the waiter told me there was 4 levels. I wanted to say 3 but decided to go 2. I'll be honest that 2 was perfect. My lips burned but it wasn't painful. I would totally order this dish again and I can't wait to travel pack to Panama for this.

As we were leaving we met the owner Omar and we had a great conversation. He runs a really nice business. He truly cares about every customer and every dish coming out of that kitchen. He's a super guy and we wish him so much success. This place is the best Thai in Panama City, so get out there and try something different. You'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here and had a beef salad and the pad thai. The beef salad lacked a few of the original ingredients but was tasty. The sauce was good and that.makes up for a lot. I would add the red union and mint . Essential flavours. The pad Thai was good. On the side the lime , nuts and chilli to add to personal flavour. All in all a good lunch . Will be back when i am Panama again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered a soup & a curry, far too much for one person but wonderful flavors. I would probably order hotter dishes next time as I don't believe it was spicy enough for me, even though the reviews said to be careful. Nice clean restaurant, reasonable prices, attentive service Will come back on my next visit to P.C.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017

What a pleasant surprise to find EXCELLENT Thai food in Panama City. Full menu and tasty options. Worth the visit. No reservations needed. Casual atmosphere. Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The place is not at all fancy , but it's clean, the food is more than excellent, and the service is very pleasant. It is not at all expensive.

Date of visit: June 2017