2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW Marriott
FindHotelUS$138
eDreamsUS$138
HurbUS$162
2,350 results
All reviews trump ocean club infinity pool nespresso machine room service the pacific ocean beautiful hotel the ground floor high rise breakfast buffet fitness center multiplaza mall casco viejo bathtub rajas panama casino city
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021

The location of this hotel is quite nice since it is upfront of sea shore line. The name of building was changed from Trump tower(yes, previous president of US, Donald) to JW Marriott tower.
The lobby and room facility is quite impressive, which is modern as well as luxury.
Luckily, I can stay in the executive suite room because I am Titanium member in Bonvoy. When I get to the room, I can see very adorable bath tub and double vanity. But to be frank, it was not the executive suite but studio suite room type. It means that the suite area is not independent with room area.(Not too important thing as well.)

Even if the quarantine is still going on these days, the lobby lounge is on operating, quite nice. And breakfast restaurant is super nice view and the food(comida) was really enjoyable.

However, I regretfully rated 2 stars only for this hotel.
1. Hotel staffs - Their service attitude is good, a bit professional. But that's all. It means that I hardly find the sincerity or kindness from them. To be honest, they were more or less arrogant. For example, the additional charge for the alcohol beverage in lobby lounge during the evening cocktail time is arisen. Maybe the staff in the front desk informed me for this one, everybody can't remember all upon check-in. And when I go to the lobby lounge, I double-checked to the staffs there that all the menu(2 pages) is free of charge, they said "Yes", therefore I ordered vino blanco and martini.
I admitted my mistake that I couldn't remember that the alcohol beverage shall be charged, and I can pay them. But the attitude of them was quite disappointed.

When I check out, I found the additional charge in the breakfast restaurant for the double espresso coffee, I asked him who is in front desk, he explained me the coffee from espresso machine shall be charged.
Well, that could be. However, there was no information for additional charge when I ordered the coffee in the breakfast restaurant.
Among over several hundreds of hotel stay, it was the first experience for me.
Every hotel has the different service table or policy, I fully understand and am aware of that.
But the Additional charge without any notice MUST NOT happened to the guest.
Let say it is totally unfair behavior. I dare to pay the coffee cost, but my mind is very weird. and even worse the guy in the front desk was just strict and a bit arrogant.

In the meanwhile, the technician and room maid was really friendly and nice. I regretfully inform hotelier that they have to learn the service attitude from technician and maid.

The outstanding facility and unreasonable service mind was totally unmatched.
To book this hotel again makes me a bit hesitance.
And I would like to meet the general manager, and talk about this issue in my next visit(hopely it might be happened...not sure)

And the parking area is not complimentary, so maximum 15 USD will be charged(good news is the first 1 hr is free of charge).

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the JW Marriott in Panama during my Central and South America vacation. Having never been to Panama before, I didn’t know what to expect, although I always expect JWs to provide the haute services and amenities they’re famous for. While some key criteria like cleanliness and customer service were satisfied, other aspects of my stay led me to temporarily deem this property 3 stars. Read for more information:

- Amid the age of COVID, it is less an expectation and more of a life-or-death requirement to be clean and safe. My room and all the common areas were sparkling clean, staff and virtually all guests wore masks, and social distancing was implemented and enforced. Thank you for maintaining a culture of public health and safety in your facility!

- Everyone, from check-in folks to breakfast attendants to room service workers, radiated the utmost warmth, friendliness, and professionalism. English could generally be spoken without much difficulty (still equip yourself with Spanish to be sure, of course), and any needs/accommodations I requested were fulfilled promptly. As a Bonvoy Gold elite, and especially since I was lodging at one of Marriott’s highest brand tiers, the level of service was outstanding.

Now please bear with me as I go into detail about areas for improvement. Working together, I am confident these downsides can be quickly flipped around for the new year (2021!).

- A few wall outlets in my room did not sustain a charge when I was there, which was frustrating trying to locate useable outlets after a ten-hour travel day.

- Perhaps my taste buds had called it quits for the night, but upon biting into the chocolate cake I ordered via room service, I realized it was not the best cake in the world. I can’t describe it very well...it’s strange (how could anyone ever mess up a chocolate cake??!), but you must take my word for it. Moreover, as a room service offering in general, my meal was not too impressive. It was so-so.

- Of the negatives to my stay, the lack of signage stands as the most significant and vexing issue. Dudes and dudettes at the JW—come on, guys! Install just a feeeeeeww more signs here and there! After my taxi pulled into the grand, luxurious hotel driveway with a glistening JW Marriott label sitting among flowing fountains in full view of everyone, I had to ask a **security guard** how to get to the front desk. Maybe my vision is that of a 25 year old dog, but I SWEAR there were ZERO signs saying, “JW Marriott on the 8th floor” or whichever floor (I forget precisely). Not even any sign in Spanish. What makes it truly confusing is that the hotel is a part of a much larger complex consisting of a casino, condominiums, shopping, etc., and walking into the same entrance as I did could theoretically take you to any number of those other facilities as well. Eventually, after asking and poking around for a few minutes, I located the most nondescript elevators I’d ever seen that took me to the lobby. And it didn’t get clearer from there: the lobby check-in desk is just as secret, not one sight of the word “Marriott” or “Bonvoy” whatsoever, and hiding in an attached room that’s distant from the lounge chairs and workstations where I’d expect a front desk to be. Fortunately one or two kind staff members were present to direct me to the desk (which I’d assume they were accustomed to doing not just for me), but the fact that they’re needed there nonstop is sort of inefficient. So let me conclude by urging you guys at the JW Marriott—please invest in at least just a few signs to help your valuable guests locate the actual place where they’ll be sleeping. It was not desirable for me to track down where I needed to go after sitting on a plane for hours, working out logistics of a wheelchair-accessible taxi, and not eating a single crumb of anything since breakfast. To me, this appears to be a fairly straightforward problem to address and rectify, but just let me know if you want further feedback or assistance from me.

I look forward to returning when the aforementioned improvements are made. You all can do it! Best wishes for a busy, happy, healthy 2021.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank bornthatway_traveler
Cherly Martinez, Other at JW Marriott Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Dear Mr. bornthatway_traveler,

Thank you so much for all the details you shared from your experience. Every comment will help us improve and continue growing.

All our staff is grateful and have already started taking the necessary actions to correct the inconveniences and make the good experiences you had be a wonderful experience for all our guests.

Regarding the part of signs, our hotel is part of the largest building from Panama together with residences and other venues. The arrival area is a common area for all this venues, still we will be sure to reinforce our signs and hotel information.

Again, thank you for your time and especially for your loyalty to Marriott Bonvoy. We hope to have the pleasure to have you back.

Wish you a lovely 2021 and looking forward for your next stay!

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

My friend and myself had to extend our stay in Panama, as a Gold Member of Marriott, after staying 9 nights in W Panama we decided to give a try for one night to JW Marriott Panama hotel, but that we definitely made a wrong decision...

This hotel has disappointed in so many points:

- we were in room 3310, the room was just normal, but with a big bathtub right in the middle of the room taking almost 30% of the space of the room >> not very good design honestly
- had flush issue with the toilet (maintenance staff came fix this issue)
- balcony was really dirty
- Nespresso machine in the room is good, but then at least provide the right size cup that actually will fit the Coffee machine
- using the room telephone was a nightmare as it was making some really annoying noises while giving a call (staff people told us it was normal and like this for all the 33rd floor rooms)
- internet keep disconnecting every 3 minutes and reconnecting, very annoying when you actually need to do bookings and skype call (staff people haven’t been able to figure out this issue)
- no upgrade given neither special welcome as Gold Member...
- Our room had breakfast buffet included, the breakfast buffet was already really limited with choices (due to the pandemia which we understand) but then when we asked simple things that Have to be included in 5 stars hotel like JW such as double espresso - Cappuccino - Fresh Orange juice the waiters were telling us that actually this is not included and we have to pay extra $$ for that ..! After arguing a bit, we finally been able to get these “normal items” for free of charge - but come on, don’t ask your customers to pay for such things !!!
- Having breakfast on the outside terrace was a total disaster with pigeons flying all over and PooPooin’g everywhere which make a very entertaining breakfast time but nothing that you wish for in such hotel
- At the end of the breakfast, the cherry on the cake, was actually the waiter running after me to sign the breakfast bill (that was actually already paid with the room) and even actually kind of begging for Tips !!!

- The only positive things found in this hotel was The swimming pool that have a Fantastic view but again, space there are very limited, after morning time, no chance to get any sun at the pool as the sun will be behind the buildings and on week end the pool is closed at 3pm apparently...
- Gym was very Big and good, but is shared between the hotel guests and the people from the residence

Overall, this stay has been really disappointing and will highly advise people to stay in W Panama instead of this JW Marriott which doesn’t deserve 5 stars...

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank EnjoyTaVie

Dear Mr. EnjoyTaVie,

First of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel as your home during your visit to Panama and especially, thank you for taking your time to share your experience.

Unfortunately through your comments we see that we have failed and I take this opportunity to deeply apologize.
All our teams have read your comments and everyone is working hard to improve.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and make it up for not delivering the JW service during this last visit.
A special thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Bonvoy.

Again, my sincere apologies.

We will be looking forward to you next visit!

pia.muto@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 March 2020

Pictures don't do it it justice, the hotel is gorgeous inside and out. The room was clean and spacious and the views were breathtaking. The staff was so incredibly helpful from the housekeepers to the concierge and front desk to the lounge staff. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Many of the local maps and even some hotel signs still say "Trump Ocean Club" or something similar as that's what it was called before his management company was fired. I would have preferred to not see that name on my vacation.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank LesL989

Dear LesL989,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your experience.

All our staff is very happy and grateful for your comments. It is absolutely amazing to see that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We will always be waiting for your visit when you have Panama in your plans.

Again, thank you for your time and we will be looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 March 2020

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Panama for four days and enjoyed the experience immensely. The hotel is a gem. The rooms and lobby areas were roomy, up-to date across the board, and decorated with tasteful décor. The location is desirable and not far from many sites. The view from the back of the hotel pool and dining area was superb. Sitting by the infinity pool with a view of the ocean and the skyline was truly delightful. But, perhaps, the most impressive aspect of the hotel was the service. From the moment we checked in with Victor, who greeted us warmly and helped us get acclimated, to the staff in the restaurants and the executive concierge lounge, one could not have hoped for more. Adrian, Maxine, as well as all of the other concierge lounge staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They exceeded our expectations. Panama is a great vacation spot—pleasant weather, lots to see, including the Mira Flores Locks at the Panama Canal, the Amador Causeway, and Casco Viejo. Staying at the JW Marriott is icing on the cake!!

Date of stay: March 2020
DavidCordobaJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2020

Dear gary42gdg

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to post your review. We're thrilled you had a great stay and that you found our hotel to be to your satisfaction, especially our rooms. We are very grateful for your glowing recommendation, especially acknowledging our wonderful staff, they truly go the extra mile to ensure you have a fabulous experience at the hotel; our goal is to go beyond the expectations of our guests. With pleasure we will forward your lovely comments to the team, Adrian, Maxine and Victor!

Thanks once again for your review and I hope you return to the JW Marriott Panama in the near future.

Warm regards