All reviews gatun lake wild monkeys rental car san blas stayed nights miraflores locks sabrina papaya lula panama city bugs
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

If your looking for unique jungle hideaway, the monkey lodge will not disappoint! We stayed one night with four generations of family members (ages 1-86), and everyone enjoyed themselves. The landscape was beautiful, made for stunning photo backgrounds. Dinner and breakfast was delicious!

As for the monkeys... they were great! We had so much fun watching them play. All and all fabulous experience! So glad we went.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cpoirier15
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We own a bed and breakfast in La Laguna, San Carlos so this one night trip to the lodge was a nice get away. We had family in from Canada and thought it would be nice to break up the drive to San Carlos after their long flight and take the kids to see some monkeys up close and personal. Location is not so great, but once in the gated property you feel safe and secure. We had the lodge to ourselves. Lots of excitement when one monkey stole our rental car keys, but with some quick thinking and determination we got them back :). My elderly mother got too close to the monkey bars and was quickly grabbed...the monkey tried to pull her top through the narrow bars and all she could do was laugh with delight. The property was very pretty, nestled in the jungle. We enjoyed the owners very well behaved and beautiful dogs. Salt water pool was perfect and refreshing. We all thoroughly enjoyed a lovely dinner and a yummy, full breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WandaRandy
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Stayed here with 3 friends and we stayed in a comfortable cabin directly across from the monkey enclosure, we loved spending the day sitting on our terrace with a beverage watching the monkeys swing around in the trees. Drinks were delicious and very reasonably priced, we had dinner at the resort every night and we all loved the food! We loved the small family atmosphere. We loved the pool area, it was very private and had tons of beautiful flora and fauna. Fabrice, the owner was an incredible host with a great sense of humour, he made us laugh every day! He took us on the tour to Monkey island where you see 4 different types of wild monkeys, they were very friendly and some of them even came onto the boat with us. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants a unique experience in Panama and loves animals! I would love to return! Thank you Fabrice!!

Room Tip: Ask for the room across from the Monkey enclosure!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMacey123
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I love this little property! Breakfast is great and the grounds are immaculate! My husband and I stayed in the room right outside from the monkeys. We loved it so much, I only wished we could have stayed 1 more night. We were there for only 2 nights. The room and beds are so nice and the hikes in the area are amazing. We saw monkeys, a sloth and so many birds! We deffinetly recommend the monkey lodge!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We loved it!!!!!
My family of 5 drove from playa Blanca resort just to do the gatum lake tour so we could see and feed the monkeys we had asked for a 10 am start time as we had a long drive in the morning to get there...... it turned out that we got lost as our maps were not that great and we got there at 11 am..... they were very nice and we had a coffee break before we left with Max to start our tour it was excellent well worth the drive just to experience the relaxing time on the boat and seeing the monkeys Max knew how to call the monkeys and have them come right on to the boat so my children could feed them bananas .... we went to different islands and saw different kinds of monkeys and got the howling monkeys to howl and even tried to see a baby crocodile because my daughter wanted to see a croc but it didn’t want to be found......on the way back to monkey lodge we past a sloth and max pulled off the road so we could get a closer look..... I am very grateful that they let us do the tour and was very welcoming to us even though we were an hour later than our agreed upon time..... I would recommend this tour to everybody.......

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family