“Welcome to your second home!”
Review of B&B Casa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City
B&B Casa Margarita
Ranked #13 of 79 Panama City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

We've stayed at Casa Margarita since 2012 and have never been disappointed! The rooms are large and immaculate and the towels soft and fluffy. Breakfasts are big and delicious - and relaxing on the patio. Which is a great place to enjoy a cold beer after running errands or sight seeing. The family that manages the Hostal lives next door and, without being obtrusive, makes you feel more like a family friend than a paying guest. They have helped us a lot with our poor Spanish! We enjoyed the new kitten and predict Luna will be a great "hotel pet." Plenty of good restaurants in all price ranges within easy walking distance. It's safe to walk - just be careful of the "sidewalks."

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2016

arranged late nite airport pickup good breakfast, nice property, friendly family and very helpful room was good a/c was excellent they were very helpful at arranging transportation both their personal drivers and negotiated cabs for us

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

This is all the best bits of staying with a family. You have your privacy but they will check you are okay and give taxi, restaurant and sightseeing tips.

If you like to cook there is a big kitchen, cooker, refrigerator and freezer.
If you want to put a ready bought meal like me, there is a microwave and also a small refrigerator in your room.

Great WIFI but there are 3 different codes, so get the right one for your room.

Also ask for a jug of the filtered ice water for your room.

I recommend room number 6, it was quiet and immaculately clean with a good, hot shower and fluffy towels.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Panama Airport on the way in which is more luxurious but it was so isolated I would definitely recommend this family b+b more highly.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank _cornishpixie7_mk
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

Thank you so much for being such lovely hosts! I cannot recommend this hostel enough, especially if you are by yourself or travelling with family.

My room was huge, with a double bed, mini fridge and large bathroom to accompany it. It was cleaned daily and the whole site was always tidy and clean. The kitchen facilities were excellent, I could use the small fridge in my room as well as having use of the shared kitchen with access to the huge fridge freezer.

The garden and outside area were beautiful, two hammocks to lie on and fans outside, as well as garden chairs in the grass area.

The family who run Casa Margarita are really wonderful, they made me feel so at home. They talked to me even though I have incredibly limited Spanish and they succeeded in talking to me in English which was very kind. They gave me the right amount of privacy but also checked up on me throughout the week asking me how I was (on my first night they checked that I had come back from the supermarket in one piece!).

What was also especially lovely was the fact that they let me have a friend to stay for 1 week and did not make a fuss. My friend did pay for the room share but they did not mind at all that she had turned up with very little notice.

They were all excellent with giving me directions and they also called taxis for me whenever I needed.

The location of the hostel is also great, with little corner shops no more than a 2 minute walk away as well as two banks within 5 minutes and a large supermarket no more than 10.

All in all I had a wonderful one month stay here, I felt safe at all times, very welcome, and was surrounded my fantastic company.

Thank you!!

Emmanuelle

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Elle A
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

We only stayed one night, but definitely would have stayed longer had our trip allowed for it. The family was so nice and helpful giving us suggestions on local restaurants, calling and making a reservation for us with a taxi and then knocking on our door when the taxi arrived. For the price, you can't beat the Casa Margarita.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple