“Hard to find, but good...”
Review of Restaurante Hikaru

Restaurante Hikaru
Ranked #182 of 1,286 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: El Restaurante Hikaru Es un lugar de encuentro para familiares y amigos con un ambiente aunténtico japones en la ciudad de Panamá, caracterizado por ofrecer platos gastronómicos con un sabor tradicional japones, brindando una atencion impecable haciendo sentir a todos los clientes como en casa.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

It was my daughter's birthday. She's famous (among us) for choosing restaurants for her birthday who are "off the path". We all like japanese food, but prefer, more "japanese/panamenian" type of delicacies. This is a japanese restaurant, simple, even rustic, hidden (we had to go around the block twice to find it), no sign, small, with very little parking space. Service is good, serving speed is OK, prices are aceptable, clients and employees (some japanese some not) were quite silent (except us) and food was very good. The Gyozas were OK (we ordered twice) but they looked and taste very much like wotip. I ordered Yakimeshi and it was as good as any. Someone had Onigiri, my wife had Yakisoba and some had Ramen. Japanese beers were very expensive. We liked the food. We'll return (in a while).

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We quite enjoyed our visit here! The server was lovely and patient. Gave us great recommendations! The food was good. I recommend the ramen, easily one of the best ones on this continent. It a quaint location in an alley and it was full! That's always a good sign.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Very small restaurant. I used the app called Degusta to make reservation. Sashimi are very fresh. Ramen is really good... I shared one ramen with my wife.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank landerozaki
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by our Japanese/Panamese uber driver (Thanks Benito!) and we loved it. It’s a bit hard to find if you don’t know exactly where it is, but it’s well worth the search effort.

The tuna sashimi and the Japanese style ‘dumplings’ were our favourite, so definitely go for that!

It’s not a very romantic place, but if you crave some authentic Japanese for a reasonable price, go here. Don’t forget to make a reservation as it is always full!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank 708jeroenb
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This restaurant is very small and I would highly advise to book a table especially at the weekend. The restaurant itself is very basic and the toilet is actually in another building. However, the food was excellent and I would like to go back and try some more dishes. The sashimi salad, Gyoza and Ramen all come highly recommended. They sell both Sapporo and Kirin beer and seem to have a good selection of Sake and Japanese Whiskys. I will be back again.

Date of visit: August 2017