“I recommend the ramen”
Review of Restaurante Hikaru

Restaurante Hikaru
Ranked #154 of 1,271 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: El Restaurante Hikaru Es un lugar de encuentro para familiares y amigos con un ambiente aunténtico japones en la ciudad de Panamá, caracterizado por ofrecer platos gastronómicos con un sabor tradicional japones, brindando una atencion impecable haciendo sentir a todos los clientes como en casa.
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We quite enjoyed our visit here! The server was lovely and patient. Gave us great recommendations! The food was good. I recommend the ramen, easily one of the best ones on this continent. It a quaint location in an alley and it was full! That's always a good sign.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Very small restaurant. I used the app called Degusta to make reservation. Sashimi are very fresh. Ramen is really good... I shared one ramen with my wife.

1  Thank landerozaki
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by our Japanese/Panamese uber driver (Thanks Benito!) and we loved it. It’s a bit hard to find if you don’t know exactly where it is, but it’s well worth the search effort.

The tuna sashimi and the Japanese style ‘dumplings’ were our favourite, so definitely go for that!

It’s not a very romantic place, but if you crave some authentic Japanese for a reasonable price, go here. Don’t forget to make a reservation as it is always full!

1  Thank 708jeroenb
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This restaurant is very small and I would highly advise to book a table especially at the weekend. The restaurant itself is very basic and the toilet is actually in another building. However, the food was excellent and I would like to go back and try some more dishes. The sashimi salad, Gyoza and Ramen all come highly recommended. They sell both Sapporo and Kirin beer and seem to have a good selection of Sake and Japanese Whiskys. I will be back again.

1  Thank Alsieus
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I went at lunchtime with the intention of eating their ramen, however they only have that for dinner. I was terribly disappointed but this just means I have to go back.
Jokes aside, food really is good, great mixture of flavours and service, also great. Will be back!

1  Thank Tahpenes L