Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$178
FindHotelUS$195
PricelineUS$178
All reviews nice hotel metrocentro mall hotel is located nice pool grocery store airport gym country
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2021 via mobile

If you are looking for amenities comparable to the U. S., the "Hotel Intercontinental" is for you. This hotel is located right next to the MetroCentro mall. The Metrocentro Mall is a safe place and has many shops and eateries. You will find no shortage of restaurants or cafes since you are located right next to the mall. The Metrocentro mall also has a La Colonia; which is equivalent to a Safeway or similar grocery store in the U. S. The Hotel Intercontinental is a well-known landmark hotel in Managua so you will have no trouble getting around. It'a a beautiful hotel and centrally located. Staff are attending and helpful. If you want to feel comfortable and looking for U. S. style amenities, this place is for you.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hans Scholte, Owner at InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Thank you for your review! Our location is definitely one of our biggest advanteges, where you can get around easily and the mall add value to your stay. Our restaurants and outdoor terrace also makes it a special place. Hope to see you all soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

For those staying in Managua and require a safe comfortable place with amenities, then look no further. This place was terrific and would be far more costly in the US. Great rooms, food, and a mall are all available. Consider Duran Tours if you need transportation in Nicaragua.

Date of stay: February 2020
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear MikeMaynes

Thank you for recommending Real Intercontinental Metrocentro, a central located hotel just across a mall. I am contented to hear that you appreciate the high value of our hotel. Indeed, we are located next to Metrocentro Mall, which provides different alternatives for eating, shopping and entertainment. All of our staff is appropriately trained in order to provide the quality service that our clients deserve.
We hope to welcome you so soon in this, your hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2020

Very nice place ,great location close to all the great restaurants and bars gave us great ideas for things and places to go to My family and I had a blast , very clean and safe this hotel is one I would recommend to all my family and friends

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Dear Shannonwhite123

Thank you so much for your kind words about Real Intercontinental Metrocentro.
I am contented to hear that you appreciate the high value of our hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is our goal and we are trying to reach this by offering excellent service.
We would be delighted to serve you again son.

Reviewed 12 February 2020

My son wanted to stay at a hotel in Managua with a great pool, so I called this place and asked them if their pool was nice to swim in. I told them I was going to drive all the way there just so my eight-year-old could swim. They assured me he would love their pool. Well ... their pool is the low point of their hotel. The water is too cold to make swimming enjoyable. The pool area is windy. They play dance club music around the pool making it loud and stressful. And then the smokers ... so we switched to the Hilton Princessa which has a fine pool with warm water. The pool at Intercontinental is more a decoration for their pretend night club than an enjoyable place to swim.

I liked the staff at this hotel and found the food to be above average for Nicaragua, especially their house-made ice cream. But while in their restaurant I asked for regular water. The waiter brought me bottled. I said the hotel water was fine. He said that it was only filtered in the rooms and not the restaurant, so I had to buy bottled. I asked for a children's menu. He said the hotel did not have children's menus. In none of your three restaurants? I asked. Nope, he assured me. This was annoying. It was annoying to waste so much food, annoying that they did not have child-sized desserts, and annoying that they did not have child priced entrees.

On my way out I told the front desk they should really have children's menus. They said that they do have children's menus. I asked them if the tap water in their restaurant was good to drink, and they said of course. I told them they have a waiter that lies to guests and they ... couldn't care less. That was a little disturbing. Of course, the front desk lied about the pool to get us to come in the first place, so why would they care if the waiters were lying about other things? Maybe it's hotel policy?

Then the cab driver wanted 180 cords to take me down the block, insisting that it was hotel policy. Sure guy. Sure. I just did this exact route (in reverse) an hour ago. It was 70 cords with my taxi driver from the Hilton.

So, they did a nice refurb in terms of the building. I loved my room! Loved the tub! They still have fine food. Their breakfast waiters were absolutely lovely to my one-year-old. But they are trying to be night-clubby instead of elegant which, well, doesn't do much for me. (If you like to see female employees in tight, short skirts, this is the place!)

The lies though ... super disappointing. Is it really so hard to just be honest?

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank roslynr727
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Dear roslynr727

First please let me apologize for your experience as we have always strive to meet the expectation of our visitors, be assured we will take a serious look into your comments. We will note and review with our team your comment regarding your service experience. Feedback is always welcomed and will definitely help us meet customers expectations.

Hopefully we might have an opportunity to make it up to you as you visit Managua.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

Has a great location across the best shopping mall in Managua. The hotel is well designed with good , clean spacious rooms, great views of the lake from club lounge.
Nice pool and bars , always lively with people and helpful staff.
Spa needs to be improved , with a regular spa and nice rooms.
Will definitely stay here the next time I come

Room tip: Best 5 star hotel in managua
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Madhulagadapati
Intermanagua, Gerente at InterContinental Managua at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear Madhulagadapati

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! and we are always glad to receive your comments. Our Club Lounge floor counts with exclusive suites, and a customized service, the amenities are also carefully designed to comfort even the most exigent traveler and the lounge is also a meeting place for many of our guests.
Hotel Intercontinental Metrocentro Managua always welcomes you to come back!