“just the name is what is similar to IHOP”
Review of GHOP

GHOP
Ranked #132 of 387 Restaurants in Managua
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I just went today with my daughters but as they said "we are not going back right dad?".

I remembered going to this place years ago (about 6 years ago) and I remember is was quite better.

I ordered the all meat (or something like that) omelette - it remembered the expectations/reality memes that you see a lot on facebook. on the menu you see a picture full of meat really tasty, reality was a regular omelette with some meat and a lot of vegetable.

What was funny (to put a word) was that one of my daughters ordered stuffed french toasts (I would like to empathize/bold/underline french toasts), what we got was two stacked picos with whip cream. Not sure if you are familiar with "picos" but they are a local pastry with cheese and sugar - I like picos but they are not french toasts. After several attempts the personnel finally got what I meant and the difference between of them.

I'm not against the owners/chef of restaurants try to "invent" their own dishes but at least they should explain in the description when they change the dishes (especially if you keep using the generic name on it - in this case "french toast".

Regarding pricing, they are high and IMHO not worth it - specially when you know the value of pancakes and how they are price them on other local and abroad places.

1  Thank where_is_Pablo00-_

Reviewed 12 October 2015

It was okay, I had originally pancakes. My friend enjoyed her pancake, eggs and bacon. I will try again something different. Overall it was a nice restaurant to have breakfast.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Interesting name and expectation of course of IHOP of Nicaragua, i.e. something far from great in the US being an opportunity for a taste of home. It's been a little while since we were there but I'd say a overpriced (Nicaraguan restaurants don't seem to understand the relatively low value of a pancake) and average at best in food quality. But if you are into breakfasts out, go for it once.

1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Each year when we visit Nicaragua, all my kids ask for is to go to GHOP. If you are longer for an American Breakfast (and you will after a few days of gallo pinto), go to GHOP. Kids love the Disney Pancakes. The menu also offers American sandwiches as well.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

A great family place for breakfast. Good service and smiling faces. Something you don't always get in Nicaragua.