All reviews modern boutique hotel hotel driver the entire staff definitely stay here again this wonderful hotel bed and pillows local hotel an oasis standard room downtown managua rental car masaya volcano quiet neighborhood included breakfast free shuttle enjoyed my stay an early flight
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Excellent choice to visit Managua whether business or tourism, very comfortable rooms and the best service of the staff, is located in a central place which helps to be able to visit the whole city easily.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JPPM1, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Contempo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and didn’t realize how far it is from the airport. The transport is around 30min and costs about $28 extra. The hotel staff is very friendly, the food was great and the hotel is very modern/ garden is very lush. The pool is great and an ok size. Things we didn’t like include the lack of a fitness center. The hotel had three pieces of cardio equipment and one set of dumb bells and a bench press. Also, bring your own wash clothes and eye mask. You will only be provided two big towels and the A/C unit with a bright light temp. Indicator is right above the bed. Overall we had a good time but probably won’t be coming back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us and for your comment. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This hotel was an unexpected surprise. It was beautiful and the staff was great. We had a large, modern room and I thought we had booked a room with a pull out couch. When I inquired, they set up an entire twin bed in our room while we were at dinner for our three year old. It was perfect.

The pool was chilly, but very nice - it is on the small side, but we only saw two other people there the two days we were there, so it worked out fine. There is also a hot tub and gym equipment overlooking the pool area. Super relaxing area.

The dined at the restaurant for dinner when we got in late and the included breakfast. Dinner was very nice for selection - they let us order off the bar snacks menu for our toddler and we got meals. Large portions, delicious, affordable bar selections. The breakfast was a full menu - order whatever you'd like, portions were very large and everything was good. Great coffee! They also let us take our leftover plates to our room for later. I do wish the room had a small refrigerator for drinks and snacks.

We used the hotel driver frequently after a rental car mix-up. He was just great - very affordable in a nice car. Although he spoke no English, we got along with our basic Spanish. He also informed us how to get home when he dropped us off and waited for us to finish our dinner one night before he took us back to the hotel. Top notch service.

The hotel location is okay - nothing is within walking distance, but a short drive will get you to restaurants or about 20 minutes down to the water.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, we stayed by the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
JPPM1, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Contempo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hello

It was a pleasure having you here. We are glad you enjoyed your experience in Contempo Hotel. We hope you visit us soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I’ve been coming down to Nicaragua for over a decade working with music programs I’ve set up at orphanages. After years at the Metro Centro Intercontinental, which is a fine hotel and spot, I decided about 5 trips ago to try the Contempo. I’ve now been here 4 times. Each oversized, unique room is different, and I’ve enjoyed them all. Great A/C and consistent hot water, comfy mattresses and contemporary decor. The location is in a safe neighborhood and there is a gated parking lot if you have a car. It’s perfect for me since I travel in both directions Most importantly, the service of the staff is top rate, many of the faces displaying continuous employment, always a good thing. And the crown jewel is the AZUL restaurant. Besides a free, full service, cook to order breakfast, I have brought people back here for dinner almost every night of my trips and they never fail to deliver a fine meal, with a nice wine list and drinks. The lobby and restaurant are beautiful settings and I and my guests appreciate the decor and ambiance. My
Local” friends will miss the churasco until I come back again in July.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I live in Napa, California know for famous wine, food, and service. The hotel Contempo meets and exceeds this level as well. My every wish was fulfilled and the staff is all about customer satisfaction!

Room Tip: Should add a shower curtain in the tub/shower area.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JPPM1, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Contempo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Marketing and Public Relations