All reviews fidel castro bars and restaurants bed dorm a great stay within walking distance comfortable beds trece hostel amenities driver airport
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at this amazing place. The location is good since there isn’t a lot to see in town but the atmosphere of the hostel is amazing, it’s cozy, the rooms are nice and the social area is good to hang out in.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thank Josephine Ameli... O
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and the only thing I can remember regretting was leaving.

Booking from the road communication was effortless even connecting through Facebook to confirm reservation and answering a few questions before arrival.

When I did arrive I found the location near enough to the bus station for an inexpensive ride in a cab (only a few bucks american) and was lucky enough to meet a local taxi who later in my trip shuttled me around town for a day and to the airport for to head home from my trip (again close enough from the Pachamama to be an inexpensive ride). The hotel has many restaurants and markets within walking distance and is situated just off a major road but on a side street easy to access from a few directions.

The staff was quite hospitable and the grounds never felt like any other than my own as the hostel has games to play from giant jenga to darts or pool take your pick the swimming or 8 ball type. I found the amenities all to be in great order including the breakfast cafe in the morning and the gift shop which provided a few items that I needed as my planning for the trip was kind of spur of the moment.

Whether you choose a dorm or a private room I can almost assure you a comfortable trip and friendly interactions. While in Managua don't cheat yourself out of the opportunity to enjoy the Pachamama, the next time I'm in town I know where I'm staying, and I can't imagine that changing unless the Pachamama isn't there.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We arrived at Pachamama the night before an early (7:30am) flight out of Managua hoping to hang out for a bit, have a few drinks and get some rest. We booked a private double bed room with the expectation we would be able to get some quiet. We had the opposite experience. Upon check in we were informed there would be a "private party" at the bar and we were placed in a room that shared a wall with the bar. The party was blasting music until after 5:00am when we checked out to catch out flight.The walls were shaking all night due to the bass and no one got an ounce of sleep. On top of that, we were not able to use the amenities due to this private party. Not worth the money we spent on the private room.

Room tip: Double bed private room shares a wall with the bar. If you want privacy and quiet- don't choose this one.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I have a great stay at PachaMama. Their driver was really nice and picked me up late-night at the airport for the same price as daytime. The place was brand new and the bed very comfortable. It looked like a party place but there was barely anyone during my stay as I was off season. The pool was nice. Would stay there again. It's way nicer than their other hostel in San Juan del Sur, which I visited and would not stay at.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived in Managua airport at 00:30. Got a pick-up by the hotel for $20. Arrived in with security man waiting for us who issued our room keys, showed us around and took our payment. Dork was okay, one of the guys had lost the aircon remote control so it was freezing but not hotel's fault. The security locker underneath the bed was broken so if we had been staying longer than a night this would have to have been fixed. Seemed a nice spot though for the short time we spent there.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple