See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2014

the rooms are loud, you can hear almost everything that is happening in the lobby. this includes the staff conversing in the lobby at 6 in the morning and people ringing the door bell at 1:30 AM. the hotel is clean, and the beds are ok, but for the price you can find something similar, and much less noisy near by. also, they say they have in room wifi, but after you have checked in they inform you that it often does not reach the rooms, unless you pay more for a "nicer" room.

Room Tip: try hotel good luck or any of the other various hotels on the main street.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christian J
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel is a couple of hundred yards from the Intercontinental but in a completely different price range. It is as clean as a three star hotel in the US would typically be, which is not always the case in less developed countries. The staff members are friendly and efficient and there are always taxis across the street. There are refrigerated bottles of water or iced tea available for purchase in the lobby. There is a great deal of crime in the city, so there was an armed guard instead of a doorman to let us in and out.

Room Tip: There a newer part of the hotel which can be reached by elevator as well as an older area at street level near the dining room. The former has a first world type bathroom while the latter is less modern but maybe more 'authentic' in atmosphere. I was in the older part and slept like a log.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eva121036
Reviewed 14 March 2014

stayed two nites @ miramonte and due to an airline snafu, ended up here a third nite. "no problema, señora". the hotel is clean and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and feel safe. great view of volcán san salvador from balcón. food places nearby and taxi's readily available. a vey friendly, amiable gentleman, leo, hangs out in lobby and can take one in his taxi for a reasonable price. internet connection is iffy most of the time, but was able to work and be productive. didn't try pool; might go out and swim before i leave. i'd definately stay here again if i find myself in the capitol.

Room Tip: tell reservations you want a view of the volcán.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank encantadora201
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I had the chance to stay at this hotel for 7 nights.The hotel was very clean and the staff was super.The only problemIi had was the restaraunt closed very early and i guess because of so few guest it was not opened some nights.But the breakfast was always very good and came at no charge with the room.Overall a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: you should go with the superior room wifi in the room was very good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank barryadamar42
Reviewed 27 November 2011

You won't mistake the Miramonte for its neighbor the Intercontinental, but it is located in a seemingly safe neighborhood convenient to the Metrocentro Mall, the largest in Central America. Every fast food restaurant you've ever heard of - and some you haven't - are located in multiple locations around the area. There are also several "sports" bars around the corner from the Miramonte.

The hotel has three different types of rooms: "economic," "intermedium" and "plus." I reserved an intermedium room only to be told upon arrival that the hotel had no record of my reservation despite my having a confirmation number. The person with whom I was dealing said he had no "intermedium" rooms available but that there was a plus room he could put me in. He expected that I would pay the difference between the two rooms. I told him bluntly that this was the hotel's mistake and that it was up to the hotel to make it right. I don't know if this was a bait and switch tactic, but I stood firm and in the end he did do the right thing by giving me the "plus" room at the "intermedium" price. However, he said he would have to take away the "free" breakfast, apparently to offset the difference. I wasn't in the mood to argue any further, and in the end I wasn't charged for the breakfast anyway.

If what I got was a "plus" room, I would hesitate to see what the room was like that I had originally reserved. While the room was clean, the furnishings were dated and the only illumination was provided by an overhead fixture and a bedside lamp with a 40 watt light bulb that was part of a telephone table. The lamp wasn't plugged in and the nearest serviceable outlet was on the other side of the bed, so it was necessary to move the table. This proved to be something of a challenge because the telephone was glued to the table. I'm not sure what this says about the hotel or its clientele.

While the bathroom was small, I was pleased that unlike hotels in this price range in Guatemala from where I was coming that there was actually a working hot water tap in the sink. The hot water wasn't exactly scalding; it wasn't necessary to turn on the cold water tap to moderate the temperature. But it was constant in both the sink and the shower. The pressure was acceptable. If you stay in this hotel, I would advise bringing your own toilet paper. What was supplied were those useless industrial-type one ply individual squares. I had a difficult time obtaining an additional towel, but that may have been more of a language barrier problem. My Spanish is limited and most of the staff has no English at all.

The swimming pool looked like it had not been cleaned in awhile and the area surrounding it was relatively unattractive. While wi-fi is provided, the signal was weak. There is excellent security. This hotel is probably acceptable for a one or two night stay, but for longer I think I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo