“Great modern cafe in Kiev”
Review of Espressamente illy

Espressamente illy
Ranked #124 of 2,134 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Description: Espressamente illy The soul of Italy's coffee lives in its coffee bars where centuries of tradition meet the modern barista's expertise and understated, elegant style. If you've been fortunate enough to enjoy a genuine Italian coffee experience, close your eyes, and take yourself back.
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I spent a week at a language school in Kiev and found this cafe on my first day, at lunchtime.

I was very warmly greeted by a young lady who found a table for me. I had such a good experience I ended up eating lunch in this cafe everyday.

The lady that greeted me (I don't remember her name sadly - blonde lady :) ) spoke a little English and even found an English menu for me. I was very impressed, but did try to read the menu in Ukrainian as I was learning Russian.

The meals were great, full of flavour and always served very fast. If you are in the area and want a quick lunch, this is a modern stylish cafe to relax in. Oh, and it also offers free Wifi!!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Perfect coffee, good service, tasty Caesar salad. A very nice place, located in one of Kyiv major business areas

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Perfect place for good confectionery and good italian coffee, for breakfast and lunch. Perfect also for a quick lunch, like a Cesar Salad, very tasty...

Reviewed 28 March 2016

So glad, McDonald's Cafe on the plaza was not serving breakfast. Otherwise, I would not have walked into this chic coffee shop.

I was standing in line ready to order when I realized it was a table service. Sure, why not? This is a cute place to enjoy my cup of tea. I picked a table in the corner by the window so I could watch the passersby go about their business.
The waitress brought over my order of ham omelette, English breakfast, and almond croissant. The omelette was fluffy just the way I like it and the croissant was fresh and warm. Everything was served on fine china. How civilized!
What a gem of a place. There is a lovely "chandelier" of cups and saucers that will catch everyone's attention. This is a perfect place for a quick coffee or tea, pastries and sandwiches, and breakfast. Or linger a little bit.
Total cost of my breakfast: $4.68 (or 126 Hryvnias). That is unbelievable. Eat your heart out, Starbucks!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Good coffee, nice pastries, and a good place to work for a couple of hours. My only complaint is that the single-origin coffees come from a pod.