“Lovely food. Great staff”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #80 of 2,523 Restaurants in Kiev
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I have been here before, but on this occasion took work friends for lunch. The food was excellent and the service superb. I have to say a special thanks to Lily, [hope I have that correct?]. Her English is excellent, and like all the staff, she is professional, knowledgable and charming. She really looked after us.
There is a wide clientele, from families to singles and the food and wine menus are extensive.
I completely recommend this place for brunch [at weekends], lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We were recommended to visit La Veranda by a friend and went on a snowy night earlier this week. The heavy snow meant we were the only guests as we were on foot and we had this beautiful place all to ourselves.
The decor is in the Italianate style with beautiful drapes. It is all extremely elegant.
Our waitress spoke excellent English and was charming.
The food was varied, plenty of vegetarian options, modern European with touches of Middle Eastern cuisine in some of the starters and salads. We enjoyed it very much, it is just the type of food we like.
Excellent wine list and all wines (I would imagine within reason) could be served by the glass.
We were given a glass of home made limoncello to try which rounded off the meal.
It is clear that the chef and owner are very interested in great cuisine and are investing time and effort into producing the very best at La Veranda.
At the weekends there is breakfast and a Sunday brunch. We are looking forward to trying those.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I was taken to La Veranda during my last trip to Kiev! Off the usual tourist zones, a nice terrace, friendly and knowledgeable staff, a well balanced menu with true Italian dishes! Simple kitchen but well presented and very fresh! The Japanese touch to Italian dishes! If the products are not fresh, the waiter tells us that it is not available that day! Prices are moderate to high but very worth it! Very nice dessert!

Андрей К, Управляющий at La Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your nice review. Warm regards from Kiev.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I once again visited Kiev and this marvelous restaurant. Realized that they again serve breakfast. I was positively surprised when I realized that they are even much better than before and probably one of the best I even had in my life. I can only recommend to everybody! Don't know about opening hours for breakfast, I was on Sunday at 10:30 am. If you want to have tasty and pleasant breakfast on Sunday, go to the La Veranda in Kiev!

We are always happy to prepare a surprise when our guest visit and we look forward to your next visit.
Warm regards from Kiev.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Have eaten here twice, and both meals were excellent. Service is good and staff is hospitable. Location is in a nice, quiet, residential neighborhood. Would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for the recomendation. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the restaurant!