“Amazing food - worn seating /decor ”

Kanapa Restaurant Salon
Ranked #46 of 2,648 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I had the most amazing dumplings. They only really had one choice- a kind of black pudding dumping with a slight mushroom sauce. I had come especially for the dumplings so I went for it. So glad I did because they were delicate and flavorful and I may have to go back for more. Unfortunately they sat me in a less attractive side room that looked worn in a bit too bright light. Wanted to give them a 5 but I think they could reinvest in the space a bit. They have a wide selection (food and local spirits) and the kind of menu that makes you wish you came with a group to try more! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

It’s truly one of the great restaurants in the city. You can have a 5 course meal including a couple of non alcoholic freshly squeezed juices for under $50.
The food is very fresh and you can taste it at every bite. Their version of the green borscht is amazing. The service was also very fast and friendly.
Do yourself a favor and make this a stop in your visit!

1  Thank SamT2121
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

If you want to try tasty Ukrainian dishes, Kanapa is the right place. A nice atmosphere and good prices complete the portrait of a valuable experience in a cozy restaurant in the heart of Kyiv (Andriivs'kyi descent). Don't miss it!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank alepavo29
Reviewed 2 October 2018

There is a great variety of local dishes, served in an elegant and creative way. I wish I could have tried more, and hope to be back soon. Highly recommended --- do reserve in advance, it tends to be packed full.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The menu was very nice and interesting, we were 6 of us, and wanted to taste some local food. Actually, we got plenty and very good tasting food with nice set up. Restaurant itself was fully backed and a bit warm. Getting there and out of there is not easy, since the street is blocked after 6pm. So do not try to get there with heavy load of shoppings, like I did. Taxi left me in the bottom of the hill with more than 15 kilos of goods in both of my hands. After climbing up the hill, I certainly needed a beer. luckily there was a nice selection of special beers. You should go and try those. To ensure the table, it is good to make reservation in well advance

Date of visit: September 2018