“Ukrainsky Hospitality at its best”
Review of Kozatska Gramota - CLOSED

Kozatska Gramota
Cuisines: European, Russian, Ukrainian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: The restaurant of ethno style with traditional ukrainian cuisine
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Situated in the centre Pushkinskaya the restaurant looks already from outside like a comfortable village house.Inside the welcome is hearty.Stuff wear traditional clothes.You have live national music and ukrainian village food.The menue is big and all what I taste is delicious. Also the choice of drinks is wide.The stuff gives you nice recomendations.
If you want to find real ukrainian hearty hospitality go to this restaurant you will be satisfied.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

This was one of my most favorite place to eat in Kiev. I can only recommend this place for good food, service and prices.

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

As a Ukrainian national this is my favorite Ukrainian restaurant in Kyiv.
It is simple - every dish is delicious, perfectly cooked with very fresh ingredients.
Its is good for couple and family and a big crowd ))
I have been there half a dozen times with my husband and also choose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday !
Great service, the sweetest staff.

1  Thank Ira I
Reviewed 15 June 2015

We really didn't enjoy our visit. The waiting staff were very strange; one lady bringing us what we thought was a complimentary 'shot' and piece of bread/lard/gherkin stick (which we'd had at an almost identical restaurant, Mitla, the day before - and we didn't enjoy them then!) so she put them down in front of us and we politely accepted them - to find her waiting around and gesturing to the money on her tray! These weren't complimentary, and they were really horrible!! So that was not a good start to the meal.

The beer (only 1 choice, despite being about 5 on the menu) was really watery, hardly resembling beer at all. For starters we had the mixed mushrooms (weirdly greasy), a couple of types of potato pancake (which were ok, but quite sickly), the salad with sour cream - this was probably the nicest thing we had. The mixed sausage platter was pretty awful - sausages were really fatty, and a lot of 'blood sausage' ('black pudding') which was pretty grim. The beef pan kiev and lviv were ok... but again, *so* greasy! We normally have a dessert but couldn't face staying in there any longer. Really not enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

We came on this pub/restaurant purely by accident and I'm glad we did. We were looking for something Ukrainian and boy did we get it here. From the tablecloths to the dishes, the hostess to the trio and, of course, the food, it was wonderful. The decor was so interesting. I can't begin to tell you everything that entailed but the walls are covered!
The musicians were very good and brought tears to our eyes as they sang the Ukrainian folk songs requested by my mother.
The food was so yummy; potato pancakes, cabbage rolls, and several varieties of varenyky. The place was wonderful.
If you're looking for a place that's warm and unpretentious, full of personality for a hearty Ukrainian meal this is it.