All reviews art nouveau boxed lunch restaurant downstairs cash machine complimentary bottles of water short walk to the metro restaurants and bars great hotel quiet area beds were comfortable classic style local dishes yogurt the room was nice recommend this hotel tasty breakfast hotel is located
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here before and rated highly,however on my recent visit feel standards have slipped,possibly due to staff changes? Came down to a dirty table in reception and had to point it out!
T.v now has very few channels compared to last time,is this the sign of things to come??

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Situated in the old Russion quarter of Kiev, I've stayed several times at the Staro. The rooms are good and the heating is more than adequate in winter and the aircon good in summer. I've tried the restaurant a couple of times and the food is also good. The staff were good, giving me ideas of places to visit in Kiev and assisting with transport.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The decor of this fantastic Hotel is from the turn of the 20th Century, Starting with the hand-painted murals in the Lobby and on the Breakfast lounge on the top floor.
The restaurant on the main floor is simply very Elligent and Beautiful and the chandeliers and lighting in the restaurant are magnificent and adds a warm ambiance to the room and the food and service throughout the hotel were excellent, some of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel in my travels. I would highly recommend this fantastic hotel if you are traveling to Kiev, Ukraine. I plan on being a guest there again.
This review is based on my stay at the Hotel back in December 2016.

Room tip: You won't be sorry or disappointed if you stay at this Hotel, Their approach to "Service" will spoil you.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Classic hotel ( I think it is a soviat style), very helpful staff
Clean and nice room
Cosy and warm
Very good location
Air conditioned
Free car parking
I really recommend this hotel and I can visit them again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We had asked for baby cot before even booking the hotel and also via e-mail once the room was booked. We were told it will be waiting for us by the time of our arrival. Unfortunately that was not the case.

They accused us of clogging a toilet with a baby diaper although our baby does not need diapers anymore.

The breakfast was perfect and the rooms are very clean. We liked the style. They can also provide shuttle from airport to hotel, which is great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family