All reviews young man at reception metro station kitchen facilities luxury apartment washing machine flights of stairs two blocks cleaned daily hotel rooms are the main street comfortable bed excellent location eastern europe the ground floor maxim ukraine bath
Reviewed 30 October 2018

stayed for 4 nights, room was a decent size and was cleaned daily. Staff were really helpful and the central location is great, really handy for bars, restaurants and sightseeing. All booked through booking.com, process on arrival was really easy and taxi from the airport took us straight to the door

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed there 3 nights .! The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was big but there were a smell, nothing that could be a problem. Very close to the center. The rooms is in a different building from the reception.! Recommen!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights.

We had booked standard room but decided to upgrade to luxury apartment. I was really excited to see the room but was very disappointed when saw worn out and dirty room.

Here are our pros and cons:

Pros:
- Good location, near restaurants and metro station.
- comfy bed
- fast WiFi (even though it stopped working on day 3, but staff managed to fix it when we mentioned it)

Cons:

- There is a hostel right next to the apartments and it can be frightening at night time as there is very little light and lot of people drinking and hanging out.

- Outside area and staircase to the room is old and filthy.

- Room was huge disappointment. To me it was standard room, not a luxury. There was marks and stains on the walls, stains and a hole on the sofa, there was so much dust on the dining chairs that I wrote “dust” on it and left it on show. Still it was never cleaned by the cleaners.

- Room was “cleaned” daily. What they really did was - made the bed, put new towels and washed dishes. They never wiped the tables, bathroom surfaces or jacuzzi even though they needed done. There was no equipment for us to do it either. This really put us off as we like to live in a clean environment.

- the shower head really had seen better days it was filthy and not practical because of the jacuzzi, this led to the bath being filthy also. I Can’t see it being safe for older people or someone with disabilities. It was difficult to work with all the taps as well.

- we had some trouble to work the air conditioning as it only blew cold air and we couldn’t work it out. If it wasn’t on, room smelled damp.

I do not recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We found this hotel/apartment via Expedia as we needed a centrally located hotel for 2 nts in Kiev for a short break.
Nothing special from the outside and set back from the main street, once inside the room did not disappoint.
We had Room B2, which is very spacious, even with a small kitchenette, incl modern appliances.
Bathroom also very spacious, including whirlpool corner bath and even a modern washing machine.
Very clean and tidy with reception available 24hrs.
Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The building looks kind of scary at night and you have to walk through a small but dark passage from the street, but we didn't experience any trouble from the people lingering around during our stay. We spent one night in one of the more expensive refurbished rooms, as we were arriving one day earlier than planned and thought it'd be nice to try. After trying this and the standard room, I definitely wish we'd booked the nicer room for the whole stay.

Be aware, the lifts are insanely tiny. I have been in some small lifts in Eastern Europe & Turkey, but in the building where the standard rooms are the lift is like a coffin. It was too much for my claustraphobia which meant I was stuck climbing up five flights of stairs multiple times a day. If you have claustraphobia then you should probably contact them after booking your room.

Not all of the reception staff speak English, especially the night staff, which meant we couldn't ask some questions about the place. On the last day there was a young man at reception who spoke enough English to communicate, which made us feel more comfortable leaving our suitcases with him before heading to the airport.

The location is extremely central though, it wasn't expensive, and the rooms were clean. We weren't in Kiev to hang out at the hotel so other than the stairs we were alright, but we definitely had higher expectations before arrival.

Date of stay: June 2018