All reviews privilege room old town great hotel calea victoriei romanian athenaeum four star modern rooms mini bar minute walk walking distance the location is perfect stayed nights nice bathroom reception desk clean hotel piata romana quiet street
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

On arrival we went to the basic reception, but had to wait for the receptionist, who was talking in her back office. Check in was quick, with the location of the breakfast room and instructions as to how to connect to the internet given clearly. However, the receptionist was efficient, but not particularly friendly.

Having got our room key we went over to the lift, only to find that the keys would not work. Back to reception for a re-program.

Our room was very nice. There was plenty of space for a basic room. The air conditioning was noisy when on, but very efficient at keeping the room cool. However, the noise from the air conditioning meant that it could not be kept on over night.

The beds were reasonably comfortable and with plenty of pillows.

The decor of the room was very pleasant but unexciting.

The bathroom was large and well laid out. The shower was a decent size, and had a choice of shower heads, with good water temperature control. The bathroom was well supplied with toiletries and towels.

Everywhere was spotlessly clean in both the bathroom and bedroom.

We had booked a double, but were given a twin room. We did not try and change the room.

The television worked well, and had an excellent choice of channels.

One thing that bugs me is the provision of team and coffee making facilities and then being mean with the supplies, and this hotel annoyed me big time. We had booked a room for two, yet there were was only one teabag of black tea. The fruit teas, or which there was a good selection, but were also limited to one of each. Coffee, one sachet of normal and one sachet of decaffinated. There were two cartons of milk, so if you had a cup of tea in the afternoon, you were limited to black coffee in the morning.

The breakfast buffet looked good on arrival, but when you actually look in detail at it, could do better was my thought. There was not a huge choice. Everything was spaced out to make the choice look bigger. One the plus side it meant that you were not crashing into other guests whilst you were getting your breakfast. The breakfast room was very spacious and tables were well spread out.

Overall, a good hotel with a nice central location, but a little more attention to detail needed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Bucharest City Center. Your feedback regarding the service you received is greatly appreciated.

We thank you for all the appreciations about the hotel and about our location.
More importantly, we thank you for pointing out the areas of improvement within the hotel. We assure you of our prompt action on all mentioned points.

The staff attitude is one of our main and continue focus and you may be sure that this will be improved. In regards with the breakfast buffet choices, be sure that we are very keen to offer to our guests the best selection of healthy and balanced food with the right arrangement for our guests conveniences.
About the coffee selection in the room, we will be more than happy to offer you on request any type of coffee and tea you would like to have next time in the room.

We hope on your next visit we will show you the improvements that we have made.

Thank you again for all your feed back and constructive comments and we really hope to welcome you soon in our hotel.

Sincerely Yours,
Raluca Mihaescu

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Together with my children we spent 6 days here first week of June and I have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Having travelled extensively, I knew what services to expect from a 4* hotel. The main reason for choosing this one over Grand Continental and Marriott (where we previously stayed although 5*) is because of the vicinity to all things Bucharest has to offer, proper coffee machine in the room rather than sachets (unlike the above other mentioned hotels where such machines are non-existent), free wi-fi in the room as well (again, chargeable at Marriott!), bathrobes and slippers and the reviews here!
We booked the main privileged apartment directly on Accor website and it was a great one having 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, a separate bedroom with a huge bed (lovely mattress) and a leaving room with a sofa bed readily prepared waiting for my kids to deeply sleep in (we checked in just after 1am!).
I personally thought the choices for breakfast were more than enough having cold as well as hot meals, fruits and again lovely coffee and it was available until 11am (perfect timing for our first morning).
The main thing that I appreciated here was the attentive staff, from the person cleaning our room (always greeting if bumping into her in the hallway) to the receptionist(s) and restaurant waiters. Everyone was nice, speaking with great professionalism and kindness, qualities that somehow are hard to find in the Romanian travel industry (but then again, 90% of the people booked here were foreigners).
I highly recommend this hotel for the way you'll be treated and the available facilities and get a transfer booked through them as it is more or less the same price as if booking a cab directly from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank MarinelaLondon
Alina F, General Manager at Mercure Bucharest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your great words about us. It's always a pleasure to welcome our guests and their family and I am glad that this could be entirely be felt by you.

Hope to have the chance to host you in the near future again,

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is new, clean and in a quiet place. Wifi working very good
Quite close to the city center.
I reccommend it both for business and leisure trips.
Breakfast too expensive for bucharest, 12 euro, this is the only remark I have, otherwise I would have put 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefano B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having visited us and for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We are very pleased to have welcomed you and offered you a nice experience with regards to the cleanliness, quietness, location and service provided.

With regards to the breakfast, we do offer a discounted price at hotel level, please use for the next time the vouchers offered by the reception team. As alternative, you may always look for excellent deals of room & breakfast we advertise often.

Should you want took us in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, it will be a pleasure to host you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I stayed in this quite new and centrally located hotel for one night only. On my arrival check-in personnel was attentive and friendly. As an Le Club Accor Platinum member I received an upgrade to a privilege room as well, which I was pleased of. The room itself was not too spacious, but clean, had an illy coffee machine, a minibar with complimentary drinks and as a welcome gift I received two muffins accompanied by a local apple juice. Unfortunatelly the bathroom was too small. The breakfast comes to 12€ daily and in my mind it's not worth it. The food they offered was neither nicly presented nor did have a good taste. Ingredients didn't look freshly. The scrambled eggs had a kind of a "eat me a second time"-look. I'd prefer to pay more and get a tasty food. Next time I'll have breakfast in one of the nearby restaurants instead.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us on your last visit to Bucharest and for your lovely comments o the cleanliness, location and service offered by our team.

We always look carefully also at the constructive points mentioned and try to improve wherever needed. With regards to the breakfast price, we do offer upon check-in a voucher with a discounted price all our guests, therefore you could have used it. Or, as Platinum member, you have access to our best deals & offers, therefore I recommend you a rate including breakfast. Other than this, you may consult also all reviews regarding breakfast since the hotel opening, and you may notice a clear improvement both in terms of layout and items used. Should you have any particular and detailed recommendation, please feel free to contact me directly, I will be happy to exchange such details with you.

Last but not the least, we use for our Restaurant a very wide range of local food, fresh items done in-house - not processed. Feel free to try our neighborhood alternatives, should you like a breakfast with processed food and on the rush.

Hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I stayed in Mercure for few nights and it was a good experience. The room was spacious and located in a quiet pat of the hotel, far from the elevator. Breakfast was nice and staff super friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017
Mercure Buchare... C, Front Office Manager at Mercure Bucharest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Elena Onofrei