All reviews calea victoriei corner room old town nice terrace quiet street pleasant hotel nice bathroom standard room downtown bucharest nice breakfast romania christian sauna taxis
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This is a combination of an old mannor and purpose built hotel. I stayed in the mannor section which had converted rooms containing an ensuite and cupboard/ wardrobe. The room was large and with minimum furniture but a comfortable bed.
The ensuite is good and the heating is more than sufficient for the pending winter, however the wardrobe is restrictive, not that it mattered.
The restaurant servers breakfast and dinner. I ordered local dishes which were very delicious and at a good price. The team went out of their way to look aftrr us as we arrived late. The breakfast is not extensive but sufficient.
The reception team were great and very helpful, I would have no hestitastion to stay there again.
The hotel is 30-40 min from the airport and 15 min walk to the city centre. Traffic can be horrendous at peak time, so if you are off to the airport, leave witgh plenty of time.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Shane F,

On behalf of Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other Tripadvisor users, it is highly appreciated!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

wonderful hospitality, kind staff clean rooms____only thing wifi is not strong enough to cover all rooms but everything is OK,,,central localization,,,thank you,,,,*****†******besides that the breakfast is satisfied,,,

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shaadowmaaater,

Thank you for your ‘’ great’’ review! We are always graciously happy to hear of our guest's great experiences.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I paid £44 per night for 2 nights here. We were having a long weekend in Bucharest and wanted somewhere fairly central to stay. The hotel has a battered old fancy car out the front. We had reasonable service on check in, there was even a consierge that we never saw again.

The room was decent enough, good size bed and clean bathroom. No complimentary tea and coffee facilities, which isn't the be all and end all but seems a fair cry from any other hotel I've ever stayed at. The heating was on constantly and no amount of turning all the radiators down seemed to affect that.

We didn't have breakfast included and after peaking over the balcony to the breakfast area there wasn't really a lot on offer for €12 you're better off walking down the street to the nearest french bakery.

I'm glad we didn't spend money on one of the more expensive rooms

Room tip: The first floor can be noisey
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 308PeterR
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Peter R,

Thank you for the review! Your feedback regarding the heating issue will be forwarded to the hotel management. Please accept my sincere apologies. It was very cold and we tried to make happy all the guests.
Any way, we welcome any opportunity to improve.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017

room too small, restaurant food and service very poor, wifi very slow on first floor, reception very good. I was expeting a better place to be close to victoria.
my booking was without breakfast. I preferred not to pay 12 euros which is 20% of the room cost. too expensive for Bucharest. is not a 4 stars hotel

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Luigi F

Dear Luigi F,

Thank you for review. I am hugely concerned and disappointed that you did not have the overall experience of Le Boutique Hotel Moxa that we are proud to provide the many guests who choose to stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I arrived here early Saturday morning - 6am - after flying in from Glasgow. Check-in isn't until 2pm but I'd been awake 24 hours so the desk clerk very helpfully found me an 'emergency room' adding apologetically that it was small. In reality, it was very nice and twice the size of some of the dumps I'd had to use in London. This was my first experience of what has continued since - the politeness and helpfulness of the staff here and the Romanian people in general. Bucharest is the friendliest capital city I've ever visited, far more so than London or Paris. The Moxa is a thoroughly nice hotel which I heartily recommend and the staff are fantastic. Small negatives - there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms, which you kind of expect in most places these days, and the heating seems impossible to turn off. I couldn't work the remote control for the aircon but the staff very helpfully fixed it for me. End result: the radiator is going full belt and so is the aircon to offset it! This in no way detracts from the enjoyment of the room because now it's cool enough, but the waste of energy must be enormous. The businessman in me says "cut down on the waste and you can afford to pay your staff more", and with hotel workers typically earning Euro250 per month in this country, that seems like a good plan to me!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TBirdNeil

Dear TBirdNeil,

Thank you for your ‘’smart’’ review! I am delighted that you highlight our staff and the fantastic location. Thank you also for your suggestions.
We hope you will be back soon.