2,319 results
All reviews english bar the executive lounge historic hotel concert hall old town revolution square upgraded to a junior suite concierge staff romanian athenaeum danube river cruise art museum excellent location central location spacious room very nice hotel business trip spies
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to stay in Bucharest . Our standard room was quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable for our two night stay. The bathroom shower was not a walk -in type which I prefer as the stand in bath type in my opinion are dangerous.
The breakfast selection catered for most tastes with good selections . Be patient and get your eggs fried fresh at the egg station as the eggs I had on the first morning from the bainmarie were dry, rubbery and inedible.
There is a well equipped fitness centre with sauna and steam room. The pool was well frequented and was a decent size.
The front desk staff were always polite, friendly and efficient . The concierge and staff couldn’t have been more helpful
I’m happy to recommend this hotel.
Bucharest is well worth a visit. A beautiful capital of a beautiful country.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JohnC1948Dub,

Thank you for choosing Athenee Palace Hilton and for taking the time to share your review.

It was a pleasure reading of your overall satisfaction and learning that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel and, most of all, that you recommend our property. Feedback such as yours inspires us to strive to providing the best service to our guests and exceed their expectations time and time again.

Thank you for your kind words and I am truly content to learn that both the friendliness of our team members, from the front office to the concierge, and our amenities such as the Health Club contributed to the comfort of your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you in the future as well and to making your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Parking is across the street and costs 120 lei per day (approx 25 euro). The diversity of the breakfast is not exactly as you can expect at 4 stars. They offered wrong informations when I booked and nobody cared to even or at least say sorry. I was shooed to see that in Romania the front desk manager say she speaks only English or French. As a hotel you don't do that as a sign of respect for the country you are based in.
Anyway, the hotel has a general feeling of old and it's not what you expect from Hilton in general. Be careful. It's a pity because it has a good position.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear bianca_demian,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

From your comments I understand that we did not manage to offer you a memorable stay and I apologize for not delivering the high standard you rightly come to expect when staying at a Hilton hotel. I am sorry to learn that the breakfast options offered and the style of our rooms did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken on-board and will be used for further improvement. Should you want to share any feedback or situation you have encountered during your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at: bucharest_information@hilton.com.

I do hope that you will grant us the opportunity to make it right for your disappointment and prove the high quality services we deliver here at Athénée Palace Hilton Bucharest.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Talk about wow factor! Such a welcoming entrance way greeted us as we entered this hotel. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Our large room was very well appointed and the bed, with its lovely linens, so comfortable. We were impressed with the excellent lighting in the room and bathroom. It's has been our experience in decades of traveling that often the lighting in the bathrooms have been so dim. We were so pleased to have stayed in this excellent hotel and will stay there again for sure on our next visit to this beautiful city.

Stayed: October 2018

Dear platzyVancouver,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Athénée Palace Hilton and for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

Your nice comments about our hotel were very much valued and I am pleased to learn that you consider our hotel one of the best, and that you consider returning in the future as well. We indeed take pride in our hotel’s landmark building with over 100 years of existence, which impressed you through its beautiful entrance and lobby. I am glad to learn that you also enjoyed our hotel amenities and the helpfulness of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Bucharest.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Long before the trip, we booked this hotel in booking.com and it was writen that all the payment is done by the credit card.
As we arrived to the hotel, the Check-In manager (Adrian) told us that we should give them 1600 RON (~380€) as a security deposit, and when we ask why is that, he told us that *They didn't charged the credit card even though it was written in the booking reservation.
As we ware speaking with adrian, he started laughing at us (really inappropriate behavior from "5 stars hotel"). He didn't explained us nothing about the hotel (facilities, breakfast time or anything else). It was a really bad start with this hotel.
As we arrived to our room, we understood that the air conditioning isn't working, and the room was totaly avarage (less than what is expected from 5 stars hotel). Also we asked for a room with balcony and we got a balcony that was locked
The breakfast was bellow average. The dishes was dirty.

Compared to other 5 stars hotel this hotel doesn't deserve this description.

Make yourself a favor and don't go to this hotel.
It's a shame for Hilton that sub this name there will be such a hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom C

Dear Tom C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor community. Feedback is of utmost importance to us in our striving for continuous improvement and your contribution to this is much appreciated.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I understand from your comments that we did not manage to offer you a memorable stay and I apologize for not delivering the high standard you rightly come to expect when staying at a Hilton hotel.

First of all, let me apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while check-in. Please rest assured that I have forwarded your message to our Front Office Manager who will closely look into the situation that you described. Second, I am sorry to learn that you had issues with the air conditioning. Our team is 24hours present and ready to respond to any of your enquiries or requests, therefore we kindly recommend on your future bookings to letting us know of any kind of issue you come across. It is important to us to know if certain aspects are not up to your standards as only in this way we can action on finding a solution. Regarding the locked balcony door, one of our main priorities is to ensure the safety of our guests, nevertheless the windows can be opened upon request.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and I hope we will have the chance to make it right for you. Therefore, I would kindly ask you to contact me directly when you are next time in Bucharest, so that we can ensure you will have the best possible experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Excellent location, walking distance to museums, theaters, restaurants. Gorgeous lobby, dining venues, the English bar is outstanding. Very helpful staff, very clean, excellent service and choices in the executive lounge.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear sjeffar14,

Thank you for choosing Athenee Palace Hilton and for taking the time to share your feedback.

We appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel and the amenities provided, and I am content to read that you could enjoy the stylish atmosphere of the English Bar while staying with us, and that the service delivered by our team members also contributed to the comfort of your stay. Indeed, our hotel is centrally situated, within easy access to many cultural, gastronomic and entertainment points of attraction in Bucharest.

We hope you will take the opportunity of visiting Bucharest in the future as well, and that we will again be your hotel of choice.