1,469 results
All reviews the executive lounge high end shops old town parliament building people's palace huge hotel business trip first floor the ground floor rooms are large taxi ride fitness center eastern europe star hotel excellent hotel river cruise non smoking
Reviewed 12 October 2017

First time staying here @ the JWM. I have stayed previously at the Novatel and Radisson Blu here in Bucharest.

The room is big with a comfortable bed...and the breakfast has a wide selection of foods.

I will be back here next time I'm back in Bucharest in December.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alex_Grigore, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Bucharest. We are glad that you found our accommodation to be spacious and comfortable and we are looking forward to host you again in December!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice hotel with excellent service. The breakfast is served in the JW Steak House and the service there is amazing. Thanks for the service directly to Michaela and Andrea at the front desk, and to all the people on service (I sadly do not remember their names) - you make it always great to return back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are genuinely happy to know that the quality of our hotel and service were excellent as always and that we managed to offer you another great stay! It will be my pleasure to congratulate Mihaela, Andreea and the rest of the team for such a well-done job!

We hope to welcome you back into our hotel soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

If Romania is on your travel plans and you intend to stay in Bucharest during your visit, I strongly recommend the JW. From the minute I arrived and was met by George, the Concierge, until Johnny, the Concierge on the day I departed opened the door to the airport shuttle, to say goodbye, the treatment by this staff was fantastic. The front desk team was friendly and professional. The maid staff was very friendly and they were quick to smile and say hello even when not assigned your room for service. There is an excellent selection of restaurants within the hotel. The two I tried--Cucina and JW Steakhouse--were outstanding. The breakfast at the Steakhouse, and the offerings in the Executive and other Lounges were also first rate. I recommend you enjoy an omelet at breakfast; watch the pizza being made at Cucina (you definitely want to eat there); and order a Tomahawk at the Steakhouse. (Probably the best steak I've had.) You won't be disappointed. The wait and kitchen staff along with management were very friendly and eager to please. I was attending a conference so lunch was provided in the area where we met; the selection was substantial. There was always coffee, drinks, and other snacks if you wanted a break from the activities, or needed to sidebar with a colleague. In spite of the large number of guests, bathrooms, hallways, stairways, elevators, bar area, and other common areas were kept immaculate. Although I never met anyone from the maid service that had my room on their assignment list, they were all friendly, and the room was always up to standard and re-stocked. One other thing that impresses me, is when policy is also practice. When I hung the towel, indicating I was taking advantage of their policy to cut down on water waste, the maid service honored the signal; same with bedding. Often, policy doesn't get communicated so well to the staff doing the work. Not so at the JW. The JW is very close to the Parliament building; and a short walk from the Old Town. I would recommend that you have the concierge put you in a taxi to the Arch of Triumph (a copy of the one in Paris) and on to the outdoor museum of peasant houses and homesteads that were collected from remote areas of Romania and reassembled in Romania in a beautiful setting. If you are interested in architecture or history, or crafts, you won't be disappointed. One final word on the staff: without an exception, they were friendly, professional, helpful, and genuinely eager (it seemed) to ensure every guest had an excellent experience and developed an appreciation for the people of Romania.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Alex_Grigore, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Please let me take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation for your kind and detailed feedback. We are honored to read such a flattering review and to find out that from the moment you crossed our doorstep till our last goodbye everything went smooth and our service always managed to impress you.

Kindly be assured that I will make sure your generous message reaches everyone you mentioned above, but also the entire JW Marriott Bucharest team, as I'm sure that it will make them very happy. In fact, this kind of reviews is the greatest reward we could wish for.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a reception area that must be the equal of any luxury hotel in the world. There are huge spaces, sweeping marble staircases and elegant up market shops.
Our room was of a good size and well appointed. The executive lounge was very good with an excellent choice of wine and food.
There are several restaurants within the building of the hotel which were all good.
There is also a good leisure club with a swimming pool which is free access. The staff are all excellent.
There is only one negative, this is a great hotel but not in a great place for the centre of Bucharest. We were told that it was a 30 minute walk into town and in 30+ degree temperatures we did not attempt it.
That left us at the mercy of the Bucharest taxis. These are not for the faint hearted, they are variable but even the taxis called to the front of the building by the hotel staff were sometimes diabolical. For example rear seat belts are frequently not present. They can be cheap but there is also the potential to be ripped off.
This was in stark contrast to the excellent hotel limousines which we hired to go to and from the airport.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel. We are glad to read that our services and facilities lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed dining in our restaurants. We hope to welcome you back into our hotel soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

A very good international hotel chain and this one is not an exception. Well situated close to the Parliament and other places of interest. Very good service, comfort and cleanliness and a very varied breakfast.

Room tip: The higher the better for a good sleep. Garden view is a good option unless people wish to enjoy a city view from the room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to know we lived up to your expectations and that you consider us one of the best hotels in Bucharest!

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!