“Wonderful ❤️”

Calea Victoriei Residence
Calea Victoriei Residence
Ranked #14 of 125 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I have 2 nights stayed in Bucharest, it was a wonderful time at Bucharest ever. Radu is a perfect advisor of Romania info. Thank you for your advices. I have a great time in Romania. Love the country and cities and all. The place is perfect and near by many attractions.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This review comes a bit late here, because I visited Bucharest, Romania quite some time ago. At the time of my journey I hadn't found my way to the site of TripAdvisor yet. The site has proved to be the best site, when planning my journeys.
When I visited Bucharest for the first time, I did not know much about it. Really glad to see a man of trust called Radu is still running Calea Victoriei Residence. He was very prompt, helpful, reliable and excellent source of information, when I met him in Bucharest, Romania.
I didn't want to stay in any of those "everywhere the same" hotels, which tend to overcharge, so I booked a blue studio of Calea Victoriei Residence in advance. Radu, the recidence keeper, was waiting for me at the airport and drove me to my studio at Luterana 1, opposite the Lutheran Church. I was to stay one and half weeks at the Calea Victoriei Residence and probably experience some of the best cultural sights of the city.
If I was to go there this year again, I'd choose to be there definitely in September and my choice would be the same Calea Victoriei Residence. I've heard Bucharest can get pretty hot during Summer, when I was there it was nice and warm. The main purpose of my visit was a local friend of mine, with whom we explored the sights. The main thing for me in September, every second year, is the George Enescu Festival. An excellent classical music event, which will be held again 1.-28.9.2013. My awesome friend got us tickets to like half a dozen concerts, all held at the Atheneul Roman, probably the best concert hall, I've ever been in. It's located just 5 min walk from the studio, where I stayed.
My blue studio apartment had all what was needed; like a bathroom and living room combined with bedroom and kitchen. Do not let the not too fancy outlook of the building make you change your mind. It's indeed one of the best price-quality-ratios there is. One is not staying in a hotel, but living in the heart of the city center.

Room Tip: I'd stay at the blue studio (Luterana 1) again.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank EliasLaakso
Reviewed 23 August 2012

i had a 3-night stay at a studio-appartment here . Radu was very helpfull , give a citymap , and some necessary essential basic information about the city . Location is top . Studio gave me all the comfort needed . I only missed electricity in the bathroom for electric shaving . Anyway , if i'll ever visit Bucharest again , sure would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank martinlizard
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The manager of this apartment, Radu, picked us up at the airport for free. He was almost perfectly on time, had a new, comfortable, not smoked in car that fit all of our huge luggage. On our way to the apartment, he showed and gave explanations about sights we passed, and answered any questions we had about the city. The apartment we stayed at, was located right in the center of everything you want to see. With very nice stores, like Gucci and Rolex, being right next door, we were right in the center of it all - all the touristy and shopping spots! We stayed across from a lovely church that we could see outside our window when we woke up. It could be the most expensive part of Bucharest. There was the most beautiful park (Parcul Cismigiu) with swans and peacocks just a quick 5 minute stroll from the apartment, we highly recommend you don't miss this park. We went everyday! The apartment itself is comfortable, it had everything you need, including a washer with laundry detergent (you have to hang dry clothes), and even a shoe shiner. They are obviously well maintained and perfectly cleaned. The maid comes every 2-3 days if you would like, we chose to opt out of the service. On the day of arrival be prepared to pay in RON or Euros, we were sick and didn't have a chance to exchange, but Radu was accommodating, though he did make it obvious he would prefer the other two currencies. Radu also drove us and our luggage to the train station on the last day, and was very pleasant as always. We are very, very happy with our experience, and recommend the apartment to others traveling to Bucharest. :)

Our only complaint is the bed was not very comfortable, it made both of our backs hurt. It felt like the mattress need to be changed a long time ago. We didn't bring it up to Radu, but I am sure if we had, he would have found a way to accommodate us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank romeopitbull
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've stayed with my 3 old son at one of the apartments conveniently located in Piazza Rosetti just a couple of minutes from Bucharest University and all the other main sites...you can walk almost everywhere, if not you can catch the metro or bused that are very close. The apartment was newly renovated, very clean and well-equipped. Also, it faces the courtyard so it's very quiet...I couldn't ask for more. I was happy staying in an apartment rather than in a cold and pricy hotel room like most of Bucharest hotels are. Radu, the owner, was the most patient and helpful person, he was driving us from the airport to the apartment after waiting us for more than 30min at the terminal because of a bag problem, then he helped me carring the bags and gave us lots of useful information. I'll definitely stay at one of his apartments again next time I'll be in Bucharest.

Room Tip: Book in advance if you decide to stay here, it can be pretty busy during high season.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family