Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest
Capitol Hotel(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$80
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
  • Restaurant
Mercure Bucharest City Center(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bucarest City Centre(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$88
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Continental(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$108
NH Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
NH Hotels
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$115
Cancelon
  • Pool
2,288 results
All reviewsbusiness loungeoutdoor jacuzzigreat hotelold townbusiness classhealth clubriver cruisebusiness triplobby barfive star hotelstandard roommodern hotelexcellent breakfastrooms are spaciousbars and restaurantscentral locationthe heart of the city
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I believe is the best choice when you plan your vacation in the most fun and exclusive city in Europe. The nightlife here is not comparable and believe me as I am living in Dubai. The hotel has a perfect location with good restaurants in and nearby, Has an relaxing pool with a cool bar, the interior is modern and service in general is good but can be improved. One person that I remember for her hospitality and professionalism was the night manager a lady with short hair and not really Romanian name. The only thing I got disturb was the fact that I had to call my friends from London who arrange the booking for me as they are part of the Radisson family 3 days after check in which I found it not really normal but beside this all was closed to perfection. If I may give a suggestion as I am a hotelier as well, Guests will appreciate more if when they request something like "an upgrade" the answer will be "allow us to have a look" then "No, is not possible" :-) . I will definitely come back and stay there as is the best hotel in town. Totally recommend it.

Room Tip: high floor if is possible for the city view and I believe a lower floor for the pool side view.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Valentin B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.com

I am very happy to find out that you have enjoyed your stay in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bucharest, especially our location, the outdoor swimming pool and the service of our Night Manager.

I have taken note of your suggestions, also would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with the reservation. In order for the friends and family to benefit of this special advantage I would kindly like to inform you that all the room reservations made by the Radisson Blu employees must have attached in the booking the working e-mail address of the person who made the booking.

Looking forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest and thank you for recommending the Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 August 2015

I know many hotels require you to swipe your room card to operate the elevators. I also know that Bucharest is famous for its street crime. For instance, on the bus to the airport, members of our tour group reported that one couple was mugged on the way back from a restaurant and another was surrounded on the street by a group of boys, who danced around them, screamed at them and wouldn’t let them pass. So, swiping the room card to operate the elevator in a hotel in Bucharest is obviously a good idea. But, this was different. Upon check-in, nobody mentioned the need to do that. So, I got on the elevator, fat, dumb and happy, the door closed, I pushed the button for my floor and nothing happened. I pushed the button a few more times with the same result. At which point it dawned on me I needed to swipe my room card. So, I reached for my wallet to get it. This all happened in like a minute. Without warning, the lights in the elevator went off and I swear the ventilation went off too. In the pitch black, I couldn’t find the key card, the slot to put it in, a way to open the door or an emergency telephone to call for help. I pounded on the door and yelled, which no one heard. There are three elevators, so it was quite a while before it opened for someone from the outside and the light came back on. For the rest of the time there, I was very careful with the elevators, but it seemed like the doors needed to close before the room card would work and the buttons were slow to respond. I have never been trapped on an elevator before and I have to say it was really scary. Good security measure, but why in world does the light go out so fast, mousetrapping its occupant?

Anyway, other than that nightmare, it was an impressively decorated place – a much nicer hotel than any Radisson I have ever stayed in the United States. It was well decorated and everyone was friendly and attentive. The room was large, clean and contained many amenities. It has two restaurants – one pricy, the other very pricy. I saw meals on the menu for the Prime that were over a hundred dollars. We ate at the Café Citta, which is mostly Italian food. It wasn’t upscale or inexpensive, but the food was acceptable. Of course, pricy, average food is what can be said of most hotel restaurants and should be expected. We couldn’t find any decent restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel. The merchants in the nearby shops snarled at me several times in response to polite questions about their wares. Hard to say from such a limited sample, but I got the feeling that friendliness to outsiders is not a feature of the Romanian culture. We have no intention of ever going back to Romania and do not recommend it to others. But, other than its maneating elevators, the Radisson itself is great.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NoneColumbus

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and review our hotel.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities, your room, amenities offered and especially the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff . Our guests' appreciations are the best reward for our efforts and motivate us in continuing striving to offer 100% guest satisfaction guarantee.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered due to the malfunction of our elevator system, it did not happened so far to have the lights going out while somebody trying to use it. Nonetheless I have personally informed the technical department to run a complete check of all elevators. Regarding the information given at check in on how to operate the elevator I have reinforced with reception team this procedure. As I understood you've been part of a Cruise Group and I have also reminded the local hosts to inform guests at the check in how to operate the elevators.

On behalf of our entire team here, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, we would like to thank you for staying with us!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 August 2015

We stayed here after our week long Viking cruise.

They need to do something about the their elevator issues. There is always a long line. Service wasn't the best but the rooms were clean and most of them had a really nice view. It was very centrally located with is good.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ferenzp
Valentin B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I am really happy to read that you have enjoyed our hotel location and your room view. I am really sorry to find out the issue experienced with the elevators and I would kindly like to let you know that we have six elevators at our guests disposal and sometimes when big groups arrives it might taken more than a couple of minutes to have one at guest disposal.

Other than that, I can assure you that all our elevators are 100% operational for our guests to have an easy access to the rooms.

We strongly hope that we will have the opportunity of making it up to you and proving the quality of our services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Easy comfortable professional hotel, my husband and I stayed for 1 night only and everyone at this hotel was very professional.

My overall impression of this hotel was excellent taking into account I only stayed 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Valentin B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your most recent visit at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest.

We are really happy that you and your husband have enjoyed our hotel services and facilities and we do hope to be your host again in a not too distant future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Valentin B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015