See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is a small and basic,hotel in a quiet area outside of the city.It had the basic ammenities,but as long as the beds were clean,which they were ,everyday,and the shower worked,that was fine.The staff were fiendly enough and let us get on with our daily routine.Unfortunately,the kitchen was closed so we had to eat out.Because there was 10 of us they let us have all the reception chairs and let us bring our own drinks and nibbles.which was very kind and decent.I would say it is cheap and cheerful,and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank markfretwell
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Actually you get what you pay for. It is far from everything not in a touristic area. The room looked dirty and dark,the hotel is very old and dated, no renovation for years. The staff was polite but that wasn't enough to make our stay a good one. Never ever stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nil O
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Hotel Porin for one night this summer. We just needed some place close to the airport that would give us a decent night's sleep. If your needs are similar, then this is a good hotel. I wouldn't stay here for longer of if I wanted to explore Zagreb, because it's not right by the center.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for one night, on 29.08.2012. for the concert, and for the one night it is ok. Weirdly it's not as bad as it seems, toilet is little bit better then the room, so there is a plus.
But I don't think it would be cheaper anywhere else, so as someone already said you get what you pay for..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elvira K
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I chose this hotel because Expedia advertised it as being close to the airport and I needed something close as I was flying out early the next morning. The taxi driver who dropped me off at the airport showed me there is a hotel right beside the airport and considering the money spent on taxis to and from Hotel Porin, it would have been the same price to be right at the airport.

The hotel itself is a contradiction. Great night staff, not so great morning staff. New bathrooms, old hallways and furnishings. Seemed like a quiet location, until you hear the trains. Perhaps it is in the middle of being renovated since the bathroom is new and pristine but there is no air conditioning.

The restaurant had great food, great service and a very good price. I'd recommend the hotel just for that.

Good for a short stay but they do need to work on the decor...

Room Tip: Ask not to be facing the railroad tracks
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo