See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Hotel Porin for one night this summer. We just needed some place close to the airport that would give us a decent night's sleep. If your needs are similar, then this is a good hotel. I wouldn't stay here for longer of if I wanted to explore Zagreb, because it's not right by the center.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for one night, on 29.08.2012. for the concert, and for the one night it is ok. Weirdly it's not as bad as it seems, toilet is little bit better then the room, so there is a plus.
But I don't think it would be cheaper anywhere else, so as someone already said you get what you pay for..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elvira K
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I chose this hotel because Expedia advertised it as being close to the airport and I needed something close as I was flying out early the next morning. The taxi driver who dropped me off at the airport showed me there is a hotel right beside the airport and considering the money spent on taxis to and from Hotel Porin, it would have been the same price to be right at the airport.

The hotel itself is a contradiction. Great night staff, not so great morning staff. New bathrooms, old hallways and furnishings. Seemed like a quiet location, until you hear the trains. Perhaps it is in the middle of being renovated since the bathroom is new and pristine but there is no air conditioning.

The restaurant had great food, great service and a very good price. I'd recommend the hotel just for that.

Good for a short stay but they do need to work on the decor...

Room Tip: Ask not to be facing the railroad tracks
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I liked this hotel. However, I stayed here because it appeared close to the hotel. I spent as much on cab fare to/from airport for a one night stay as the cost of the room itself.

Cab driver on the way from the airport said there are hotels right next to the Zagreb airport for about the same price.

This is a secluded hotel in a residential area. Good for one night where you want to get in, freshen up, eat, sleep, and go to the airport in the AM.

I had dinner at the hotel restaurant - it was very, very good and very, very moderately priced. Super.

To future travelers: This is a good hotel, just keep in mind that location requires a taxi fare from airport. I can also see the point of reviewers' who have said no A/C - the weather was mild, thank the lord, so I can't complain about that.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Raoul D
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel on the 04/6/2012. The hotel is old with very old bed and furniture. The carpet was worn out due to over use. The receptionist although helpful but not friendly. They will kept our pasport at the counter ( the only hotel who kept our pasport) and this make us very uncomfortable.
the location is very far from public transport, so the best mode of transport is by taxi. but the price was very high and can reach 25 Euro although the hotel informed us it should no be more than 10 Euro.
In the hotel brochure, they promised to provide transport but this was empty promises. When we requested for transport, they replied transport is not available
WiFi only available at the lobby.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel only if you travel by car.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family