All reviews breakfast and dinner main building common room pub crawl free dinner private room rila monastery bed dorm free beer separate building walking tour shared bathroom minute walk train station location is great free internet city centre
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

They even help you book amazing trips to different places around Bulgaria. Living there is pretty authentic experience in itself, more cultural. Place is also clean and hygenic with fast wi fi among other amenities.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Before I arrived in Sofia, all I heard about was Hostel Mostel, and it lived up to its reputation. Amazing value, nice rooms, comfortable beds with private locker, light and electricity socket. Then theres the food, the free breakfast was impressive, full of fruit, vegetables, eggs, bread etc. The dinner included beer and had three choices, all vegetarian as well so I was delighted. The meal times are great since they bring everyone together as well. Glad I stayed here, and I will do so again when I return to Sofia.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Great people chilled place staff always very friendly ,and willing to help with anything you need.
Nice chill out area meet people from all over the Globe great pancakes in the morning free coffee breakfast ,and evening meal with a Beer.
The Mattress in our Private room was very springy ,and hard to sleep on but overall a great hostel.

Room Tip: check Mattress
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Recommended to come here for a short trip to Sofia and I was not disappointed! Great place and staff, and includes free breakfast and dinner each day! And not stingy at all with the food.
Great location and lots organised for everyone to mingle with each other. Recommend doing the free walking tour and bulkan bites as well as the pub crawl that the hostel organise.
Have fun and enjoy Sofia! X

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This is located in a wonderful location. BUT, I am not impressed.

Location:
This is located in the city center.
From the central bus terminal, I was able to arrive at Russian Monument Square(Площад „Руски паметник") by bus #74.which is about 5~10 min walk from there.
I easily found the sign and spent several minutes to find the entrance.
If you are assigned to use the room in 2nd building, it's less than 5 min walk from there.

Service:
- Staffs are kind. One guy gave me much info when I checked in.
- They provide free towels and locker key upon request.

Facility:
- My room was located in the other building approximately 3~5 min walk away from the reception. And there's no elevator until upstairs. There's no staff residing in this building. Since rooms are in other building, many guests here wouldn't consider using facilities described in most booking sites.
- The room is small. And the fence of my upper bed was not fixed which made me to climb carefully.
- There were several power outlets in the room. But, there's none near my bed. I think 99% of guests on that bed would come outside to charge anything.
- When I visited the reception again to use the locker with the key, the staff told me they are fully occupied and I must wait until next day. I think this won't happen if they assign one locker per one guest just like most other hostels.
- The kitchen is just okay. The fridge is too small by the way.
- The bathroom is small and there's only one toilet for several rooms.
- Breakfast and Dinner for 6 leva.

Room Tip: rooms at reception building
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo