“Average. Not great. Not terrible ”

MakTirana Hotel & Tower
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Tirana
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

It was difficult to navigate thru the narrow driveway of the hotel. Making it unnecessary challenge while hotel should always be inviting.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

The room was underwhelming. The bed was not luxurious. Bedding was very average. It wasn’t ideal if looking for a sweet dream.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manaseeker

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Clean, decent looking rooms, except my couch had a huge warp in the cushion – see photo. Hotel has free wifi, but as an older hotel, the room is not very "device" friendly. Very few available outlets and of available, they are in really odd locations, as near the floor on a wall not near anything and the 220 configuration wasn't consistent. Unlike most upgraded hotels, the desk area and bed end tables had no easy access to an outlet. I also had a two lights that didn’t work.

As of this posting, there was very noisy construction right outside front of hotel – Hotel staff advised they stop at midnight, however they went all night long, every single night I was there. Very nice bar and restaurants - although I only ate breakfast, which was pretty decent, but the omelet was "so so" as they over cooked it both days.

As a gold level member, I was advised I had a choice of extra high speed internet, a free drink or extra SPG points. I chose the free drink, which they said it would be in my room – it never came!

Rooms have NO coffee makers which is a big disappointment. Very limited TV channels – limited in English and no English movie channels.

Gym is really nice and overlooks the indoor and outdoor pools. Equipment seem fairly maintained and the pools looked fantastic.

Exec lounge was pretty poor as compared to other Sheraton hotels - but the service was really good.

I've stayed here before and its gone down hill since..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bsh132
Sheraton-Management, Manager at MakTirana Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear bsh 132,

Thank you for finding the time and send us your feedback in Tripadvisor! This level of feedback is important to help us monitor our performance and highlight areas for improvement. We do apologize that the level of service provided regarding the free drink was not up to your – and our – expectations and have shared your comments with our team to ensure this issue is corrected moving forward. We read your review very carefully and took notes of all the points you are mentioning in it. We are very sorry for the noisy construction and difficulties you have face regarding the devices in the room. Next time you`ll visit us we`ll take measures to accommodate you in a more business type room oriented rather than the hospitality suite you`ve been experiencing in your recent stay. Please be assured of our ongoing efforts to improve our product quality and service in order to provide the high standards of services our guests expect from a Sheraton hotel. We do hope you will allow us the chance to better your experience in the future, so you may see for yourself the improvements next time.
The Sheraton Tirana management Team

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I have just been here for one night,
Check-in very friendly
The rooms are clean and comfortable, bathroom as well.
Dinner i tried the room service, the lady which picked up the phone very friend and perfectly English.... The food was really good.... Breakfast, very gentle as well and even if it is a self service buffet, she offered me to bring a second coffee....
I asked for a late check out, well needed to pay some extra, but better then a full price.... Conclusion... I will be back if I need to come back to Tirana

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lugano-Mike
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I had a week's stay for business purposes in Tirana and found this hotel to meet my needs quite well. It's close enough to the city center to be a comfortable walk or, during in foul weather, an easy taxi ride (though in high traffic hours, you might find yourself moving afoot faster than the traffic). There is a small shopping arcade attached to the property. This is an entirely no smoking allowed hotel. The room itself was quiet with well regulated temperature (thermostat that actually worked properly, unusual in a good many hotels). Internet was fast. King bed was comfy. TV channel selection was good for most nationalities, including English speaking guests. Shower enclosure was separate from the tub. Rooms were clean and attended to twice daily. Lounge on 5th floor was well stocked with sodas, mineral water, snacks and domestic wine (complimentary and so was beer, though it was necessary to ask the lounge staff to scoot downstairs to retrieve the beer). Staff at the desk, lounge, and restaurant were fluent in English -- and well trained in the hospitality trade. Personalized attention with a genuine sense of hospitality. I did not make use of the pool or fitness facilities, but did use the hotel's restaurant facilities for breakfast most mornings and would report it had a very good selection for about any palate. Would I stay there again if returning to Tirana? Absolutely.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I returned back to Sheraton in Tirana after 10 years,
I loved the whole experience then in 2007 and I loved the stay this time, the only way to enjoy Tirana city on my experience is to stay in this hotel. Nice rooms, nice beds. Relaxing atmosphere and the best sleep I had. Very welcoming staff. WiFi was good on my room Only the bathroom tiles was a bit mouldy.
The city is a mess but beautiful in the way, driving in Tirana or Albania it’s an experience you will never forget CRAZY drivers,
The only way you can fill you leave in the western world in Tirana is when you stay at the Sheraton. Then you can relax

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business