Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I was planning to stay here for only 2 nights, but ended up staying for 7. The garden has such a nice atmosphere, with plenty of space to either socialise with others or to be on your own and get some work done. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they went out of their way to show me around the city. They also helped me to plan my trip around the country. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I felt so comfortable while I was staying here and I look forward to coming back when I return to Tirana.

Room tip: The six bed dorm is a nice option, because it is only 1 euro more than the 10 bed dorm but is upstairs and closer to the bathrooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We had a bad experience with this hostel. We emailed the hostel to book a double room with double bed. They answered us that it was ok and when we arrived, the room we booked was already give to someone else. They wanted to give us a family room located in the basement without any light which i wouldnt take it even for free. After it they propose to us an other room which was also in the basement without any windows or light always for the same price of 30 euros ! They tried to offer us discount of 2 euros which is ridiculous. It seems like this hostel try to fool you. They even say they have two hostel on booking but in fact only one but the owner let it like this only to get more customers.
I put the note 2 only because of the garden which was looking nice and the staff who tried to find us an other place to go. Also the hostel doesn't really have a good location. Better go to some others in Blloku area which is the best place of Tirana

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights while visiting Tirana. The staff were very friendly and there is a large garden area with a bar where you can hang out in the evenings and socialise with the other guests. The hostel felt secure as the whole building and garden area being surrounded with high walls and with a sturdy iron gate that we had a key for. Not at all in a bad way, the garden had grape vines and plants and a pet tortoise and was a really nice area to chill out.

The reason I only give the hostel 3 * is that there was only 1 plug socket between the 6 bunks in our dorm and when we arrived our top bunk had no ladder to it and we were told they'd let us know if we could use the other beds but then people checked in without them letting us know anything so I just had to clamber up/jump down. We also asked about taking a bus to Saranda at 7am and asked for them to book us a taxi and we were told that this would be sorted for us to be ready at 6.15am. When we were ready at 6.15am there was no sign of the taxi or any staff and luckily after about 10 mins a cleaner arrived and woke up the staff so we were able to check out and gave us directions to a taxi rank.
If you are looking for a friendly atmosphere where you can meet people then this is a great hostel but be aware that it is not very organised!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The hostel itself is what you expect, but the staff is next level. I really felt like I was leaving my friends when it was time to checkout. George and Justine (in particular) were top notch. Also, I loved the outdoor space, specifically in the back. A great place to relax and digest the day's events. If you want to party, the area in front of the building in great for that.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hostel enough. Milingona is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Other than the beds being comfortable, and the rooms being spacious, Milingona welcomes guests into a community. Amongst the citrus trees and grape vines there is a small bar where guests can meet and enjoy a beer or their welcome shot of Raki.

It's so easy to feel at home here when the owners are so friendly and the guests as well. Xhujeta is an amazing host and so helpful with your every question. One night we were lucky enough to enjoy some traditional Albanian food prepared by the owners very own mother.

And of course I love the tortoise they have roaming around the garden, and their beautiful rescue dog Chocco who is quite possibly the most friendly dog I have ever met.

Stay here for a genuine and fantastic experience.

Trip type: Travelled solo