Hermes Tirana Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Europa Hotel(Tirana)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsbars clubsbusiness tripgreat locationnightlifedeskbalconynoisereceptionroomscity
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel I can only recommend as the rooms are clean, nice and comfortable, the room prices are very cheap for the value they offer, centrally situated close to all sights, the reception speak a good English and they are always helping. The staff overall (restaurant, reception) are very friendly too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have a couples retreat and randomly chose Hermes Tirana Hotel from many in the city. The hotel is very clean and they take care of a customer needs in specific details.
The breakfast menu was served with fresh ingredients and very tasty. For lunch or dinner there were a variety of pizza with quality ingredients.
I highly recommend it for both business trips and family trips.
The location is just perfect and even though there is no dedicated parking space the staff will take care of it. The hotel has free wifi and the rooms with balcony are just great.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniela L, General Manager at Hermes Tirana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay in our hotel on a business trip. Guest satisfaction being our primary concern, we were delighted to read that you had a great stay at Hermes Tirana and you recommended to future guests.
We do value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to our premises on next opportunities.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We started our trip in Tirana and ended in Tirana, and had friends staying here too so we saw a few different rooms. All of them were great. We especially appreciated the bathrooms that were a good size with great showers - they were the best we experienced on our vacation. The rooms had very high ceilings making them feel quite spacious. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. All rooms were clean, the AC worked great, there was complimentary water, plenty of TV stations, some rooms have outside decks! The location is perfect. We were right where we wanted to be - walking distance to everything. It's worth noting that since the hotel is in such a popular spot, it is loud at night. It's not the hotel itself, but the neighboring bars/clubs - but the hotel provides ear plugs so it was no problem. Breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed the outdoor patio every morning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This hotel's strongest point is undoubtedly the location, positioned at the heart of Tirana's bar and entertainment area, surrounded by cafés and restaurants, close to all main attractions, and also only a 5-7 minute walk to Tirana’s beautiful Grand Park (thus fantastic for going for a run). Also worth mentioning is the nice bed with crisp white sheets, a high cleanness level, a modern bathroom, the friendly staff, a small but adequate complementary breakfast (though with zero variation) and a smooth airport pickup service at a fixed rate.

However, I realized that the outstanding rating of this hotel led me to arrive with too high expectations. While the rates of the hotel are not expensive at around 50 Euro/night, considering that the price level of Tirana is about half of other cities in Europe, I found what’s being offered for the equivalent of a 100 Euro/night room elsewhere actually to be lacking a bit, particularly regarding the following points:

- My “economy double room” was really small and didn’t even have a desk, making it pretty inconvenient to get work done. It might be my fault to assume that the hotel would be suitable for more than only a bed to sleep in, but at least when it comes to the room category I chose, it isn’t.
- No free bottles of water are being offered in the rooms, and neither are tea and coffee making facilities. There aren’t even cups in the room, so upon arrival I had to buy a water bottle from the mini bar, just to have something to fill tap water into (which is safe to drink in Tirana). Generally, it really wouldn’t be too hard to offer some free water, a cattle, 2 bags of Nescafe, some tea bags and 2 cups, as many hotels of comparable standard elsewhere do.
- The room didn’t have a safe. There might be a simple explanation to that though: Based on my very subjective impression after 5 days in the city, Tirana appears to be an extremely safe city. Actually one of the safest I have been too. This is just speculation, but maybe a safe at hotels is simply not considered necessary in Tirana because theft is uncommon. From a guest perspective though, it gives peace of mind if one has a way to lock away passport and valuables.
- The rooms are locked with conventional keys, not with key cards. No big deal, but still slightly cumbersome. At least you are not required to leave the key at the reception as it sometimes can be the case in hotels that still use keys.
- While the AC was working well and quietly, there was an AC-related unit outside of my window (possibly connected to other rooms too because it kept going even if I turned the AC off) which was pretty noisy, even when I had the window closed.
- The Wi-fi was ok but not the fastest.
- The toilet lid was loose on one side.

When reading my criticism, I hope it gets apparent that nothing should be considered a deal-breaker (except maybe the tiny size of the room and the lack of a desk if you are looking for a spacious room with a good work area). I think this hotel is still a terrific choice. Nevertheless, at least my experience didn’t fully match with what I would expect at a 4 1/2 rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice stay in this hotel, nice staff and good rooms, a little small but everything you need. Great location in blloku! Breakfast is great and the restaurant also serves food all night long, the night we arrived we could still eat at eleven at night! The hotel is located in the middle of Tirana's nightlife and our room was next to a very loud bar, with loud music until 4 in the morning.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple