1,284 results
All reviewshappy hourcoral coastbbi spawelcome songquiet roadfree foot massagesmall hotelrooms are largehoneymoon suitechicken curryother guestssunset stripstandard roomfive nightslounge chairswelcome drinkreef shoes
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

The people are so friendly, the staff remember you by first name (without exception) and the service is first rate. Rooms are clean and functional! No television or phone in my room, but you know what, it just didn't matter!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed at the Bedarra for eight nights in mid - late June. I feel very slack for taking so long to write a review.

I went with my husband, two sons (5 and 8yrs) and mother. The staff were incredibly lovely and friendly and were especially great with the kids. They knew our names and chatted to us everyday. The rooms were big and very clean. The restaurant was great and had tasty, simple and healthy kids meals. I also thought it was reasonably priced compared to the bigger resorts.

We were there for a wedding at the Outrigger and I can honestly say I was glad we were staying at the Bedarra and not the Outrigger, which is very busy and not as relaxing.

I initially thought Bedarra may be better suited to older visitors and not families with rowdy boys like mine, but we were made feel very welcome. The boys loved to get up and swim in the pool while we had breakfast. They had the best of both worlds as they could head to the Outrigger and see their cousins for a couple of hours and then come back to serenity of the Bedarra.

The no TV was great. We didn't miss is at all. The hotel is just across the road from the beach (it is dead end road so traffic is not an issue). Our favourite pass times were snorkelling and sitting in the banana chairs reading or dozing in between a sneaky drink.

We can't wait to head back again and will be saving our pennies.

Joanne

Room Tip: The site is on a bit of a slope, so if accessibility is a bit of an issue ask for a Deluxe Garden Room on the ground level
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanneandshayne
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 27 to 29 August. Hotel staff very friendly but bar closes at 9.30 pm. So not good on a Saturday night. Bar prices very expensive cocktails $26 Fiji. Beautiful hotel. But no TV in room. Or phone. This should be sorted. As its too quiet After bar closes pool very nice just across road is the beach

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank shaun s
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I was in Fiji for a wedding at the nearby Outriggers Resort and that is where the majority of the wedding guests stayed. I made the decision to stay at the Bedarra Beach Inn and quite honestly it was the best decision I made on this trip. Where as the Outriggers is a "grand mecca" offering up a party atmosphere, the Bedarra is quite the opposite, an intimate friendly place with an emphasis on relaxing and enjoying the serenity.

The rooms at the Bedarra are clean, comfortable, modern and have most of the necessary inclusions you would expect in a decent accommodation establishment. One of the key differences is the absence of a television in the room, with the operators of Bedarra firmly believing that people don't come to Fiji to watch television. Maybe they are right, there is plenty to do in Fiji, so chances are you won't need the television anyway.

The Bedarra comes equipped with a swimming pool, sun lounges, a bar and a restaurant in addition to massage and beauty salon which is very popular. And out the front you have the beauty of the Pacific Ocean beach where some more sun lounges are located for those wanting to relax in the sun whilst admiring the beauty of the sea. Everything about the Bedarra is centered around relaxing, unwinding and just enjoying some good peace, quiet and rest.

However, what really sets the Bedarra apart from its competition is the personal touch. Right from the moment you arrive, the staff make you feel welcome and a part of their family. If you happen to arrive in the afternoon, chances are you will be treated to a welcome song by the singers who provide the entertainment on a nightly basis. A welcome drink is handed to you on arrival, and the staff go above and beyond to make your stay an enjoyable experience. The staff are incredibly friendly and always smiling.

The restaurant offers a breakfast menu, a lunch menu and for dinner, there is a selection of two menus, one being more of a fine dining selection or you have the option of some more casual dishes for dinner. Most of the dishes are created using local produce and ingredients and the quality of food on offer is extremely high. The Bedarra Restaurant has a well earned reputation for being one of the best dining options in the local area. There is also a good selection of beers, wines, spirits and cocktails on offer. Which brings me to Happy Hour. Everyday at 5pm until 6pm is Happy Hour at Bedarra, where all beverages are 50% off at the bar. Many of the guests seem to come in for a couple of cocktails or beers at this time and it is a nice way to have a couple of pre-dinner drinks. The in house musicians and singers also sit in the bar providing a lovely Fijian style soundtrack to enjoy while having a drink or two. These musicians are very good and provide a lovely ambience to the Bedarra. They also move into the restaurant later in the evening to provide diners with some beautiful music to enjoy while enjoying one of the many fine selections on the menu.

If you want a place to come back to each day where you can unwind, relax and simply forget about all the worlds problems, the Bedarra is the place for you. Personally I found great pleasure in being able to go out each day and enjoy day tours, tourist attractions and of course my friends wedding, but be able to come back to a place where I could wind down and relax. The Bedarra and the many staff who work within the place all made my stay unforgettable and and one of the several highlights of my trip. There is absolutely no doubt I will be back in Fiji one day in the not too distant future, and when I do, the Bedarra will definitely be the place I come back to for accommodation.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the front of the venue have the best garden and beach views.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Fantastic spot, so quiet and peaceful, no TV, just get up and relax, not as busy as the bigger Resorts, and not as pricey, only a handful of restaurants nearby, and all are reasonably priced, staff are very friendly and running on Fiji time.

If you want warm weather and magnificent sunsets, this is the place to be, rooms are nice and clean, all have a nice balcony, just wonderful

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family