1,586 results
All reviews all inclusive package frangipani bure happy hour games outdoor shower coral coast aqua gym kids club mongolian bbq nightly entertainment high tide local village pool volleyball ocean view dive shop fire walking welcome home travel agent
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife and I travelled to Fiji for the second time, having been last year (sonaisali island).
We stayed at First Landing Resort in Lautoka (20 min from Nadi) for 6 Nights which was brilliant! It was easy to do all the island hopping and major tours etc. For the second week 21-28th Oct 2012, we picked Fiji Hideaway Resort for a 7 night stay. It is only a 90 min or so drive to the coral coast from Nadi and it is a pleasant drive - 80km p/hr national limit. (great because most of the Taxis are old Toyota Crowns lol!) and ... no rush, "Fiji time", remember you're on holiday.

We arrived to be greeted as per the usual friendly Fijian way and shown to our room. Easy check in - all good. Immaculate room, immaculate grounds, perfect views and a beautiful platter of tropical fruit to welcome us. We came to coral coast to relax and snorkel and relax and snorkel we did. Fabulous small coral outcrops amongst the reef, so plenty to see for all, from beginners (like my wife) and myself. REMEMBER to get the all - inclusive meal and drinks package! It is the best best deal ever! Amazing breakfast! 2 course Lunch & Dinner and the food is sensational! Menu changes slightly every day and the specials and theme nights are top notch. All the Beer, Wine, Local Spirits You can drink ...like Dark Rum from 10am-10pm!
Firewalking and Kava ceremony over the road on thursday night was very good.

You can play 8-ball, table tennis, volley ball...so many things to do... or just chill by the pool!

Now...nothing is ever perfect, but it's nothing worth complaining about. Any problems can be easily solved by asking. We met other people and couples easily and everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their stay too. Gday Richard & Lesley, Wags, Tania & Kids, Trish, Kath n' Kym, Siamon, The Kava gang, The newlyweds, The sleeping Kiwi and Big Jeff from the US to name a few.;)
The local resort Shop was well stocked and the tour desk was a simple task to book anything easily. Well done! Good Fun everynight with the shows on the stage by the talented staff and ....Did i mention the All inclusive meal deal with drink like Local Dark Rum from 10am-10pm?

Ok...the staff: they were always friendly with the usual Fijian smiles and Bula's! Unfortunately though, a popular member of staff passed away at the resort 2 days before we arrived, and although we noticed a different mood/vibe when we arrived, it wasn't until our next door neighbour mentioned it, (lovely lady from Melbourne- Hi Alison!) that we realised why everyone was a little quiet/despondent. Very sad to hear and much respect to all the employees who carried on with their chores in such a friendly manner despite their terrible loss. I think it may have been a good idea to inform incoming guests of this tragic event. This way, guests wouldn't get the impression the staff were unhappy (without knowing the situation), and we would all obviously be able to appreciate the unfortunate situation that had take place. Such an amazing effort by these wonderful and talented bunch of people.

Big "VINAKA!" to Wazil and his team of Chefs, the only trouble I had each day was deciding what to have! Male & "The Trainee" were very entertaining with the Quiz nights at happy hour and the Volleyball. (the ladys at the Spa the next day sorted out my sore spots - amazzzing!)

Ok.. getting long now so I'll get to the point. I have been to many places and Fiji is by far my favourite destination. The Fiji Hideaway Resort is simply....Paradise! .....So Do it!

*NB: YOU MUST DO the Jetski Safari to Beqa Island! well worth the entire trip just to do that!
We will both be back again soon. Happy Diwali (13 Nov) xx Jamie & Cazza Osborne (42 & 41)
jamieosb@bigpond.com

Room Tip: unless you need a sea view, every room is so close to the water. All rooms are close walking distace to meal area. Air con is brilliant. As I am coming back again and I dont want my room Number becoming popular, I am not goig to tell... lol sorry! Any room would be great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JamieOsborne
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Hideaway Resort has been there forever but still has that beautiful Fijian charm we all keep returning to enjoy. The staff is their biggest asset but the huge lagoon out front for snorkelling is not bad either. There are heaps of things to do on offer or one can simply kick back Fiji style and relax………..
The trick is to pick the ‘right’ bure as they have quite a range available. The cheapest Bures have louvers all round and with very private outside showers. These are also air-conditioned but we really liked the fresh sea air at night. On the front are the more upmarket bures with lagoon views but some of the newly refurbished ones don’t have louvers and rely on air-con. For a few dollars more there are larger bures also on the front offering the whole box & dice and where we will be staying next time round. It is advisable to consider their all-in package where for a few extra Fijian dollars you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst drinking all day to your heart’s content. Cold Fiji Beers, Wines and Spirits……Vinaka! The Activities Team are great fun, can keep you as busy as you like, exercised and ready for another Fiji Baby in the shade…….
Just 15 minutes away is the nice little town of Sigatoka which is worth a visit for a bit of shopping, try the freshly prepared Pineapple at the market for a dollar or grab a ‘carton’ for those not on the all-in package!
The Indian Chef’s will knock you up a great curry on request if you are not there for Monday’s Indian Night. Every evening has another theme so no time for boredom and please say Bula to the wonderful staff at reception where Joanne has a super team including our new friends Meme & Silla.
Bula Vinaka we loved it!

Room Tip: Covered in my review......
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Bula!! Four of my girlfriends and I stayed at The Hideaway from the 5th - 11th of November, and we had an amazing time! We only left the hotel once, to visit the Eco Park, because everything you need is at the hotel. We participated in just about all of the daily activites, and in doing so became great friends with so many of the wonderful, cheeky staff. Aqua Gym at 11, water volleyball after that, then the sundance. We went snorkelling and you really only need to go waist deep to see the beautiful sealife. Give the waterslide a go, but hold your nose the first time, you hit the water hard at the bottom! Play the happy hour games every night, then the stage shows, disco (so tame & so cute), and go to the fire walking & kava ceremonies. Get to know all of the beautiful Fijian staff, eat fresh coconuts, get a massage. If you have little kids, they LOVE Fijian people and Fijian people love them back! It's beautiful to see. I can't recommend Hideaway highly enough. Vinaka!! - I miss the scent of fresh frangipani

Room Tip: We had an Ocean View room, number 67, and our friends were in Frangipani 115, both rooms were perfect for what we needed, sleeping and showering! Clean & Pretty.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brianna M
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I booked an all inclusive week at the Fiji Hideaway resort and Spa. Just after I booked there was a lot of negative reviews and I was quite worried about if I chose the right place! What an amazing place! The staff was friendly, our room was clean, we ate so much and they had activities throughout the day. We spent an amazing 7 nights there without even leaving the resort once! The best part was that we did not have to worry about spending any more money on food or drinks after having spent a lot of money on the wedding! I would recommend the all inclusive packages! This was the perfect relaxed honeymoon that we were after! Not sure if the honeymoon bure would be worth the money. The deluxe ocean view bures were nice!

Room Tip: You can upgrade your room at reception for around AUD35 from an ocean bure to a deluxe ocean bure.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Capitan_Bees
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We recently travelled to Fiji and stayed at the hideaway with our family. On arrival the staff we very accommodating when we explained our disabled daughter has special dietary requirements.
We stayed in a frangipani buree and this was more than big enough for the 4 of us, meals and service was fantastic.
We found the resort very clean and pathways always clear to make walking around the gardens very enjoyable.
The staff in kids club were fantastic,our kids enjoyed the movie every night after tea.
We will definitely return to the hideaway next time we visit Fiji !!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family