See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

My heart s and and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. It's run by Chinese. To be honest the hotel is located in a place of country side and beautiful mountains total peace and quiet. BUT everything problem. Pool is very dirty. Rooms big and beautiful but toilet blocked, tv does not work, at one point the shower head fell on my head.
the Chinese owners don't maintain this hotel. It's very sad.

Do not stay here it's not worth your money and honestly for your health and safety as well.

Until it's maintained and changed owners then I might think of returning until then please do not stay here. Everything broken.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sulz4you
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I'll give it to Manhao hotel...it provided an endless source of jokes long after our holiday in Fiji was over! It's such a shame because it's actually in a very beautiful spot overlooking the Nadi countryside. However, the maintenance is truly appalling. The balcony rails in the reception area, overlooking the pool, are unsafe and actually have signs stating as much. The decking area around the pool is uneven and has lots of rusty nails sticking out of it. The pool itself has lots of loose tiles in it, which keep coming off. A few children in my family and my friend's family cut their feet on them. You can clearly see why...someone has stuck the tiles on without any grouting! One day there were a couple of cane toads in the kids pool and another day the water was looking increasingly murky and I realised the pump was churning out brown stuff! If you ask for pool towels they'll give you one to share between about four people.

The rooms themselves are actually quite nice; contemporary and very clean. The beds, however, are rock hard! I actually had to check that I was even lying on a mattress because it felt like rock! The views are lovely.

The staff are actually very nice, which is typical of Fijian hotels.

In fairness, this place is cheap. So if you are looking for a clean room, don't mind sleeping on an extremely hard bed and aren't interested in using any pool facilities, then Manhoe might serve your needs.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MamasChoices
Reviewed 3 January 2017

This was the worst day of our lives when we checked into this chineese hotel conned by their services and pictures online...believe me its nothing like that its a total horror. Initially we had booked for three rooms as we were three couples looking to spend a night in this hotel which is in the interiors of Nadi, when we arrived there we got a shock that our rooms were given to some other guests which we had booked for and that the price had increased to another 20bucks extra for all three rooms. This was just the beginning of our tragic holiday, tired and exhausted we took all our luggage by the long walk by ourselves as the only staff you'll ever see is the rude receptionist. There is no workable lift access, the place is littered with rubbish its like the place had been closed down for years. At first the first veiw of the rooms was welcoming like any other hotel. Anyways we changed quickly to enjoy the pool, pool was over crowded, dirty, griming with algae coloured water and smelling like one its like the had never been cleaned or serviced since the hotel was built, there was a stack of tile piled up near the edge made me wonder whats that for, only when i was inside the pool i found out the bottom tiles were comming off, i hurt myself on the sharp edge of one of those tiles went up asking for a band aid the receptionist directed me to the bar only to find out theres no one at the bar. I wonder how the OHS Dept had cleared this hotel for service. Everything was like breaking off at some certain point, as we went back to our rooms just to found there was no power, toilets were not flushing, tvs not usable, no phone connection, even the AC in one of the rooms were not working, the fridge wasn't cooling either, there was no iron and beds were terrible, bed sheets stained, the cheap Chinese furniture was showing its true worth, there was hardly any usable amenities available. Frustrated we walked the long isle to receptionist to relay the experience, she came with us checked all the faults and went back and thats where the fun began. No one was picking up the phone, the Manager even the assistant manager were at home. Trying for nearly an hour finally the Manager named Jone picked up his phone and message was relayed to him, we asked for a refund so that we could go spend our night at some other hotel as there were no technicians to fix the problems and no other rooms were available. Finally the Manager agreed to refund us only half the amount as we had used the pool. We accepted the offer as just wanted to leave the horror as quickly as possible and found another hotel vowing never to recommend this hotel to anyone else......

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RazeelY
Reviewed 3 August 2016

When we arrived back at the Marina and hopped in the taxi and told the driver where we were going, his response was why are you staying there? Well I booked through Agoda, it was rated as 4 star and suggested to be close to the airport and we had an early start the next day. All I can say is thank God we were only staying one night. Driving through the back of beyond, we wondered whether we were on the right track, but nestled in the middle of nowhere is what seem to be quite a palatial place on the hill. Don't be fooled, once inside I wondered has this just been built and badly or is it being renovated and badly renovated? We were taken to our room, which seemed OK, obviously the rooms are smoking rooms because ours smelt of stale smoke. Our beds were hard, I mean hard, not sure if it was a mattress or board. Our sliding doors to outside were a little dodgy so we were not initially sure that we would be able to lock the door while we were out or sleeping. There was a sign telling us not to steal the amenities, these consisted of a shoe shine cloth, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner and a small soap! The safe was already closed and locked so that was out. The shower, well I am not a plumber or an engineer, but I figure the plug hole should be at the lowest point of the shower base, not the high! So while you shower you have to bale the water with your foot to enable it to drain rather than run over the top of the frame. Outside there was tape hanging everywhere warning of the dangers of various things, like trenches at the edge of the path, do not lean on railings. There were fire hose points down the passage ways but no fire extinguishers or hoses, just smashed cases and emptiness. The decking near the dining room and pool was rotten and didn't feel over secure, It was possibly the worst place I have stayed, based on the fact it is apparently a 4 star hotel - I want the job of rating hotels and this would not make the 1 star - its location and its service. We tried to organise our airport transfers and the staff were vague, we had to ask later to double check, we just didn't trust they had organised it. Food, well a veggie burger with baked pineapple for FJ$18 turned out to be a bread roll with lettuce and tomato, I took it back with the menu and showed them that a vegetarian sandwich with chips was FJ$12 but what I had been served was FJ$18 so I said I would like the vegetarian sandwich and refused to pay for the bread roll and lettuce - the sandwich was actually very good. The main menu is Chinese food and I have to say I had stir fry tofu that was good and my friend had the beef dish and reckons its one of the best she's had. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, the staff looked bored and vague (this is in their professional capacity I am sure they are wonderful and hospitable people outside of this work environment)the location is terrible. Please stay away.

Room Tip: Just don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Rooms are really cheap with free wifi, but sadly that's the only good thing I can say about this hotel.
Food are quiet pricy with a crappie taste I must say, not worth paying a freaking lamb chop with Lil meat, mash, and stir fried veg. It costed me $35 which I must say is not worth buying. Had other dishes and I was disappointing especially with their Chinese food, their chefs by the way we're all chinese.
Place as I'm told is newly built, sadly it's not complete. Not to mention unfinished roofing, etc what can you expect from a Chinese owned business?
The local workers there are really nice, and down to earth I must say. With friendly service......that is the only good thing I can say about that place sadly.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo