“Plenty to do!”
Review of Denarau Beach

Ranked #29 of 54 things to do in Nadi
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful, warm-water beach stretches past several resorts and is a great place for long walks, volleyball, swimming or just people watching.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our family trip of 6A & 3C (under 4) saw us stay at Denarau.
Our first choice was one of the islands but after consulting a ‘Fiji’ friend we decided to stay on mainland.
This I feel was a cheaper option as you don’t have to stay in the resort & can go eat in a number of different places. Although as my friend said it doesn’t capture the real island feel but if you are on a budget it helps to have multiple choice. She also advised that if you are staying on an island make sure you get a food/drink package as Fiji is quite expensive.

Denarau golf club - directly across the road from Sheraton & they have ‘special’ nights (kids eat free) etc cheapest food we found but just pub grub. Take your insect repellent!
The Denarau Marina - you can eat here for basically whatever $$ you want to pay. A few memorable meals Cardo’s (a must), Hard Rock, Nandina’s just to name a few.

If you want to go into Nadi (a waste of time but you have to do it) take the small yellow West Bus (cost F$1) and about 15 mins.

My advice I f you are travelling with a family stay on Denarau & take a day trip out to the islands.

1  Thank Lorraine M
"pacific"
"pool"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I would suggest that if your tourist to visit this place. Denarau island has all the major resorts, we stayed at the Westin which was great. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast. Top class. Lots to see at the marina. Good shops. Good tourist destination. I really liked the coconut. The supermarket at the marina were selling chilled coconuts for $2 while the roadside was $5 to $10 .

4  Thank Ashil S
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Make sure you work out the fare with the taxi driver before getting in the taxi - the fare will never be the same and often double for the same distance travelled.

2  Thank sarah B
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

If you like lots of tourist then this place is ok. Personally I found the whole Denaru island experience to full of tourist. Restaurants down at waterfront were good but as for resorts yes they very nice but I don't go to a country to stay at a resort with lots of other tourist. Get out see and experience the culture.