All reviews short stay close to the airport an overnight stay free shuttle fiji time transit hotel supermarket jetpoint martintar taxis hammocks heaps pacific
Reviewed 16 September 2015

My husband and I, along with our 4 month old baby, travelled to Fiji and stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. We had a complimentary shuttle from the airport with a friendly driver. The location is quite good and central to Nadi town, Port Denerau and the airport. However, the area is pretty average to say the least. Check-in was fine. Our room was unfortunately upstairs, and there aren't elevators available which made it difficult to come and go easily with a pram and car seat. The room was tidy & ok, however the bed wasn't comfortable and the pillows were lumpy and needed replacing. The air con switch is either on or off (no settings), the patio door is heavy to open & close. The bathroom was not cleaned properly from previous guests and there was also a used bar of soap still on the floor by the door. The coffee was not replenished so we had to ask twice within the week and our toilet paper had almost run out, as they did not leave a new full roll. We asked for a baby cot to be put in the room for our arrival, however, we had to go back to reception twice to get it delivered. There was one night that was quite disturbing as there was a party outside still at 1am, and later at 5am there was a domestic dispute next door to us. The echo from the entertainment Thurs-Sat from approximately 6pm-11pm got a bit much especially when trying to put our baby to sleep. Fine for a couple or family with older children who don't go to bed early. We ordered a meal for our room one night and my husband ordered the chicken burger, specifically asking for a "real" piece of chicken breast, as he'd been unwell for 2 days. We were told this wouldn't be a problem. When he got his meal, we weren't sure what kind of meat was in the bun. We wouldn't serve it to our dog. He took it back to the restaurant and after the lady at the bar took it to the chef, he was eventually told it was a patty,and then was given a fresh burger with his initial promise of "real" chicken. I had a pizza and it was good. On our last day in Fiji we decided to spend some time down at the pool. I got my son all changed into his togs to have a swim in the pool. As we walked over, we noticed there were quite a few dead flies and debris from the surroundings floating in it. We didn't go in. I noticed each morning that someone raked the pool area and scooped out the debris from the pool, however, this wasn't repeatedly done throughout the day. Internet (wifi or wired) is not free and not always even available. One comment I made to my husband was that the overall feeling I got of this hotel was that it was "tired", and the for the number of staff wandering around not appearing to be busy, the hotel should have been spotless. However, beyond this, it really needs a facelift. For the actual price, it was ok but certainly wouldn't pay any more, or stay here again for any length of time. We just feel our simple expectations (clean room, baby friendly part of the hotel, comfortable pillows/beds, good meals) weren't really met.

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank KEFNZ
Vaseva N, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear KEFNZ

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nadi. I am sorry that not all of experiences met your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we will review your comments with the relevant departments and look to improve the experience for all of our guests

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Prior to travelling out into the Yasawas we stayed a night at the Mercure. This hotel was pretty basic, definitely old and in need of renovation. As we were staying only a night it was manageable but would hate for this to be a place to stay as our base in Fiji.

Had to wait for towels to be brought to the room, they were not plentiful and were thin and didnt help with the overall impression of the hotel.

1  Thank herbertandwilks

Warm Greetings herbertandwilks

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We stayed at the Mercure Nadi for one night in August 2015 with two young kids as a stop off between returning from the islands and catching a morning flight out of Nadi.

As an ‘airport hotel’ on the way to/from the airport from/to the rest of Fiji it was satisfactory, however we will probably explore alternatives if required for our next trip to Nadi.

The rooms are simple and clean and met our requirements as a stop off for the night. We were given a room on the top floor far away from the entrance which wasn’t ideal with having young kids and was to the detriment of the porter since we had a bit of luggage and there are only stairs.

We attempted to have dinner at the Hotel’s restaurant but after a half hour or so had to return early to our room since the kids were tired from the days travels. We were told that we would be called when the food was ready and that we could take it back to our room, however after waiting a further half an hour or so I went down to find out how it was going. Yet another half hour later I had something that I could take back to our tired and hungry family. Although it gave me the opportunity to try out the bar and catch up on some of the local Rugby Union, the restaurant didn’t appear to be overly busy and waiting for an hour plus seemed a bit too long for a pretty simple meal. .

We were offered a morning wake up call at check in for our transfer to the airport. Lucky we didn’t rely on this as it never came. The transfer got us to the airport on time however so it met its mark as a simple overnighter.

1  Thank Ben G

Dear Ben G

Reviewed 9 September 2015

A real let down. I and 4 others travelling with me to Hong Kong via Fiji stayed at the Mecure as it was a "safe" choice. NOT, my room was not cleaned properly and the service was appalling. We waited almost 2 hours to eat. There was only 1 good thing and that was a porter who doubled as everything else and he was excellent though he could not save the nightmare that it was. Check in and check out was ok.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Bula Vinaka fevy

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com