1,390 results
All reviews across the road nadi airport close to the airport one night free shuttle large pool long layover convenient hotel your luggage between flights an early flight great pool great stopover curries plantation island flight home deluxe room
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Raffles on a long layover to Vanuatu and then on a long layover back to the US. I was shocked that a day room is rigidly controlled to certain hours and I needed the manager's approval to check out at 7 pm and no later when I was checking in at 2 pm. The Internet is an additional charge and there is no news station on the TV. On a positive note they are very close to the airport and there is a gym and nice pool area. Since passengers can't stay in the airport lounge with such long layovers it is nice to have as an option.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Like a lot of people, our family of 4 stayed here for two nights - once on arrival and once when leaving Fiji. We weren't expecting much as it is an airport hotel, and indeed there isn't really much to do in or around the hotel. The pool with its hydroslide is pretty good for a bit of family fun or to unwind from a flight. But beware if you have small children who are not confident in the water - the pool at the end of the slide is over most adults heads. There is also a tour desk if you are here for longer than needed and are wanting to get out for a bit.

Hats off to the staff. They are a great introduction to Fijian hospitality. We found the service to be equal to, or even better in some cases, than the service we experienced elsewhere in Fiji. The people on the front desk always managed to smile and be helpful even several bus loads of tourists arrived to be processed all at once.

Hats off too to the band that plays at the restaurant. There are guitar bands all over Fiji, but these guys were just as good as any others we saw and listened to.

The only other thing I will mention is, being bit of a plane spotter, I found the view from the top of the hydroslide to be a great place to view the airports activity. Although you may get a bit cold if you're already wet.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I had a 12-hr layover at the Nadi airport and this hotel worked nicely. It is directly across the street from the airport - no taxi or shuttle needed. The restaurant is worthwhile. Rooms are very basic but fine. My only complaint is that one day of wifi access would have cost me $45. Forty five dollars! Obviously I passed. Do hotels not realize that one outrageous charge like this sticks in travelers' minds as clearly as five things the hotel does well?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank marblemount
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We stayed overnight as had an early international flight.
The in house restaurant is adequate with friendly service . Our room was clean and comfortable, although the aircon directly over the bed was not ideal.
Even though across the road from the airport a complimentary shuttle runs between the hotel and the airport.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2016

My wife and I spent just the one night here and were very satisfied with the service. The hotel's proximity to the Airport is its major feature but it does not rest on its laurels but endeavours to make just the one night special. We had a room at the back of the hotel which minimizes road and airport noise. Rooms are spacious and great value (F$136 p.n.) at the peak time of the Australian school holiday period. We noticed the children really loved the swimming pool with its water slide.
Our bags were carefully looked after while we went shopping in Nadi in the morning after checking out.
I have stayed in both Tokatoka and Gateway and there were problems with the former which I have mentioned in a separate review.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the hotel which has beautiful views of the Nausori Highlands.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple