1,406 results
All reviews across the road nadi airport close to the airport one night free shuttle long layover large pool your luggage convenient hotel between flights an early flight great stopover great pool plantation island flight home deluxe room curry
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I have stayed twice recently at the Raffles/ Fiji Gateway Hotel. Its location at the entrance to the airport complemented by the free airport transfer at any time of night or day you can't do better for in transit accommodation. Add to this the general cleanliness and feeling of security you have the ideal in transit accommodation.
My recent experience of flight disruptions & cancellations by Fiji Airways meant that my original booking at the 'Gateway' also had to be cancelled. Upon arrival at the Gateway I became aware of local floods which meant that there were quite a number of travellers unable to reach their resorts also looking for a room for the night. I was not confident of being able to secure a room or to move my original booking to the next night. I was very pleased with the assistance given to me by the staff at reception and secured a new booking in a very comfortable room.
That evening I was to travel to Kiribati with Fiji Airways. Having had my flight cancelled by Fiji Airways previously I was rather apprehensive about my upcoming flight and my chances of securing another room should it be cancelled at the last minute again. My worst fears were realised when Fiji Airways again cancelled the Kiribati flight at the last minute for no apparent reason and again refused to provide assistance and accommodation. Fortunately the Gateway Hotel had its shuttle readily available so I returned to the hotel hoping I could check back in to my room. The reception staff and management were most understanding & helpful and checked me back in.

At this time there was another cyclone approaching Fiji so I made plans to return to Australia the next day and managed to catch one of the last flights out of Fiji made easier by having their 24/7 shuttle.

In my haste I lost my camera. Not realising this until I got home I contacted the hotel hoping I had left it there. I was very pleased to receive assistance from Barbara the reservations manager who located it (I had left it on a table near the bar) and who went out of her way to get it successfully returned to me.

I will stay at the Gateway Hotel when I return to Fiji in transit to other destinations such as the wonderful Fijian Islands on offer all around Fiji.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The Gateway Hotel is good a transit point due to its close proximity to Nadi International Airport. We've stayed here numerous times as its convenient. They have a shuttle service which can pick you up from the airport when arriving. You can check with the arrivals desk at the arrival concourse and they will direct you to the pickup point. You can also call the reception desk from the airport if you have access to a phone and they will send their bus to pick you up. The rooms are clean and the staff are warm and friendly. I'm not sure whether it had anything to do with the hotel not operating under Raffles anymore, I felt that they've dropped the ball with a few things when we stayed there for a few nights in January, 2016. The quality of the food, the high Internet charges (per room rather than per device), bar staff arguing in the presence of guests were a few things we came across in the few nights we spent here. We would stay here again and we hope that the management would take these concerns I've mentioned above on board and make the necessary changes to keep Gateway guests and your warm and friendly staff happy.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Checked in very late. Given a very tiny room. We asked instead to go to a deluxe room which was more spacious. I have afew gripes with this hotel. The TV was not working at all and the mattress needs to be changed. It was too soft and when we sat on the bed the mattress sank. We did not have a good nights rest at all! Then the room was always hot when we would go in because the aircon unit only worked with our front door access card which we had to take out of the slot each time we left the room. If we were given 2 cards as some hotels abroad do there would be no gripes. The aircon would still be running and we would go into a pleasantly cool room. Then the meagre continental breakfast which we had to pay for...when we ordered a hot breakfast they put only one hash on our plates to go with the bacon and eggs. Pretty pathetic. Not coming back here.z

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2016

stayed here overnight. on 7th april and 22nd april 2016.
clean and close to airport. free shuttle pickup and dropoff.
also shuttle to Denarau for boat launches.

Also had a couple of pools, one with a slide. looked nice.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 23 April 2016

We had a night and the following day prior to our flight home. The staff at the Fiji gateway were the most friendly and helpful we encountered during our trip to Fiji and as Fijians are very welcoming as a whole, that is saying something.
The room was large and clean with a bunk bed, another single bed and the double bed partioned from the main room by gauze curtains. There was plenty of storage space and certainly met our expectations for a one night stay.
There are not many dining options near the hotel so we ate in their restaurant. It was reasonably priced with quick service and tasty meals. They also have a cocohut attached to the bar area and the drinks were excellent - great coffee and juices.
In the morning we chose from the a la carte menu but there is also the option of the continental or full breakfast buffet.
The pool area was great and we were able to use the facilities, including having towels provided, after we had checked out.
Overall a comfortable, friendly and enjoyable place to finish our holiday.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family