All reviews rice cooker free breakfast playground for kids other resorts taxi fare stayed longer ceiling fan room rate enjoyed my stay stopover transit denarau tropical
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Arrived to very confused staff and everything seemed a bit all over the place. In my first room the air con didn't work so there was great hassle as the staff tried to turn it on in confusion without success even though I had told them it was broken.
Finally I was moved to another room, the staff didn't know where any of the rooms were so was trekking around in the dark up and down stairs looking for it, with me carrying all my heavy luggage behind him - only after going up and down the stairs to check a room did he offer to carry anything!
Eventually room was fine, air con working. Dinner was awful : the toughest slice of fish with gloopy mash potato (although the menu had said it was potato wedges) for $16. Free breakfast was better, although very limited.
The place was deserted, I must have been the only guest staying as I hardly saw anyone else other than the staff wandering around, which also made me wonder why I had been given the furthest away room and up the stairs!
Overall staff seem confused and clueless, food very grim, and a lonely stay. The pool area is nice and the rooms are good. However for $52 for a one night stay in a dorm room it was definitely not worth it!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
wailoaloamanagement, Front Office Manager at Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Bula !

Please allow me an opportunity to introduce myself; my name is Malakai and I am the Reservations Manager of Rooms Division at the Wailoaloa Beach Resort, Nadi. With your recent stay with us; first and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for this.

We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and especially to special guest such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation.

I would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to stay with us the next time your travel should bring you to Nadi. Please be kind enough to contact me directly on +679 9526183 and I will personally ensure that your stay is VIP, and I will extend a special discounted rate with complimentary upgrade on your room booked (subject to availability).

I look forward in hearing from you and looking forward to welcome you at Wailoaloa Beach Resort, Nadi
Should you have any further clarifications, please do let me know.

Malakai Waqa Batiqau
info@wailoaloabeachresortfiji.com
+679 6726633

Reviewed 26 January 2017

My Fiance and I had to stay in Nadi for another extra day due to unplanned family gatherings, so we decided to just take a risk and book one night here since it was super cheap. This hotel is NOT on the beach, it is actually the first hotel you will see before the road turns up ahead to all the backpacker hotels located on Wailoloa beach(but we were staying here for other reasons so we did not mind). The rooms are so big and spacious! but it only has a bed and a table, which makes the room look awkwardly empty. Overall the rooms are pretty clean and the free breakfast was ok. The staff is kinda friendly, they smile but stare at you awkwardly lol. This hotel surprisingly exceeded my expectations since it was so cheap, I will probably be staying here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
wailoaloamanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Bula,

We are as you mentioned not on the beach but a few minutes walk to the beach as mentioned on our sites.
We are happy you found your room big and spacious and intend to add more furniture soon.
We take your observations and feedback seriously and appreciate it. We will review it in detail with the team and look to improve in all the areas mentioned.
Again, we appreciate the review and are delighted you had a great stay. We really look forward to your return.

Vinaka,
Ruth Samson

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Wailoaloa Beach Resort SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS. How this "resort" is on Expedia, Trip Advisor, Booking.com is frightening. We were looking for a simple clean place to stay whilst transiting to another destination. We were not expecting fancy. What we got was the worst place I have ever stayed in 10 years of living and travelling abroad.
This is NOT a resort.
What we met with was pure frustration. Every answer to every question was NO.
Booked and paid hotel transport after 24+hours of travel. No one showed. Info desk at Nadi airport could not get any answer on the hotel phone.
Got our own transport. Arrived to find staff asleep on lobby couches. Annoyed we disturbed them. No apology for no show, no reason given
could not find our booking despite showing reservation #. check in painful.long and no one helped us with the bags we had.
Rooms dirty. Had to ask on second day 4 times for room to be serviced. Was told service done for day. My clothes were taken?stolen? when (grey) bed sheets were eventually changed. Clothes eventually returned when i refused to leave front desk as staff were on they way out for the day. Was the only pair of shorts I had and were brand new as our luggage was lost. Pretty sure they were being put away for a staff member.
Grey towels to match, not sure what year they were ever white. Pillows unpleasant smell and full of some sort of cut up foam pieces. Could Not Use. NO POWER NO WATER. Front desk refused to turn on generator.
NO PHONE IN USE. We had lost luggage and hotel had no land line to use. Mobile phone ran out of credit and they refused to replenish despite no land line and needing to contact airlines. No one could care less.
FOOD IS SLOP. Some mystery meat concoction with watery gravy? Not for human consumption. Advertised as an "American Breakfast".
No apologies for shameful, shameful customer service. Why they are even in business is beyond me.
DO NOT STAY HERE.
This "resort" should be taken off all reputable travel sites. AS IN RIGHT NOW.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Owenstein
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This is a basic hotel. Conveniently close to airport. Good for a short stay - I was only here for a 1 night layaway as I couldn't get a flight to another island until the next day. It was clean & quiet.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Large and spacious rooms at very low prices make this place a good option for short, unplanned stays. The name is misleading though - it's NOT located ON the beach! The staff and facilities are nice though. Breakfast is free and included with the rooms price.

Date of stay: August 2016