See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The good news is the hotel is very close to the airport - just a stroll across the road. And my room was very big and spacious with a king and a double bed. The air conditioning worked well and the shower was nice and strong. There was complimentary shampoo, soap and conditioner. The room was generally clean. There was complimentary tea and coffee. Despite being on the main road my room was very quiet.

However, the beds are pretty hard. The towels were terribly stained - very unappealing. No hotel should provide these to their clients. The TV had no remote and only one channel that I could find - just a sports channel. The tea was stale. The charge was 4% for credit card.

The breakfast food was mundane.

The price was reasonable at $150. However, I was asked to pay again for a room that had already been paid for. The hotel later rang my booking agent to apologise but better systems are needed.

Hard to recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We were stranded in Fiji cause Jetstar cancelled their flights and they booked up at trans international hotel. From 1970 till 2018 this hotel has not been cleaned and it need to be renovated. The staff are helpful but wifi is always down. Will not be staying here again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Seems to be a theme of having a booking at a nearby hotel and then being told for some reason they can’t accommodate you. This is what we were told at the Tanoa International. They transferred us to the Trans hotel. Even tho it was a deluxe room the room was dirty, sheets thin and yellowish and not clean. Mattresses were bad, you can feel the springs. Bathtub had debris in bottom. Outside the hotel when entering you can see trash piled up on the outside. Pool is murky. We stayed 10 minutes and left for another hotel. Warning: Don’t stay here

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We were forced to stay here when the tokatoka resort had overbooked us. It was horrible. Fine in the 1970’s but nothing has changed since. Expensive for the gross room. Ants everywhere, mouldy shower and toilet, lights wouldn’t switch on or off properly. Luckily we were only there one night. Restaurant had very average meals, the curry was made with bones, not meat and the fish was hard. As it was 9pm we couldn’t be bothered to find something else.

Room tip: Just don’t go here
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Bed was broken, springs, legs and heaboard. Toilet ran constantly, bathroom door wouldn't close. Worse was hearing the person next door use their toilet throughout the night and hearing their water flush through my shower drain, I gave up trying to sleep at 3am when all I could smell was "bad curry" coming from the bathroom. Packed my bag and waited in the lobby until 4am to get someone to check me out and call a my real hotel to get me - because I didn't chose this hotel I was sent there because my actual hotel overbooked and bumped me here after my flight got in late just before 9pm but said if there were any problems to call as they drove me there and dropped me off close to 9pm. Well there were problems, Tanoa you don't bump guests to an inferior hotel with No internet, so no way to contact my fellow travelers, family or company that paid for me to stay at a real hotel where the conference was going on so I couldn't let them know I'm in a different hotel with, doors that don't keep out bugs, a tv with no remote and set to max volume on the worldcup and no other station that the bellhop switched on as he deposited my bags and then left without any explanation of any of the features in the room - had to switch the tv off at the wall after trying to find a nonexistent remote, an a/c that was louder than the traffic (just) and set to 16C and couldn't be changed and had to be unplugged because the remote didn't work.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: June 2018