Ended up at The Islander before meeting one of our party off a flight. Had seen the Hula Bar advertised and expected there to be a young lively, maybe noisy crowd there. Instead it was really calm and lovely. Bar staff girls were friendly, even let me charge my flat mobile there. Amazing drink prices @ $4 for rum and coke and $5 for wine! We had enough time up our sleeves to go to the Island Night as well. As one of the cheapest on Rarotonga at $49 we weren't expecting a top class event. Once again we were really happily surprised. Great selection of buffet food. Marinated fish, sashimi, pork and scrummy crackling, chicken, veges, salad, plus local dishes like taro, arrowroot (not that I'd recommend either just as I wouldn't recommend potato or rice as a highlight!) and poke which I would recommend. It's a delicious mixture of bananas and coconut cream. Went back for seconds on that. Pudding was good too. Including chocolate eclairs, fresh fruit and tasty passionfruit ice cream.
Then came the show. Nice mix of dances and costumes from the different islands with a bit of history and fire dancing too. Good band. You could tell the performers were enjoying it too.Then guest are invited to strut their stuff and move their hips including the Rugby 7s boys who were there for a tournament.
A good night was had by all. Thanks Islander Hotel and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Cook Islands/Avarua, Rarotonga