Straight across the road from the airport so it's very handy as I fly out to the outer islands. Basic rooms with air con which really helps but your can't alter it if you want for some reason, great kitchen to order food and 3.50 happy hour all day can't get better than that. Expensive for a single person but ideal for a family, I probably wouldn't stay here if It was my first time in Raro I'd go to a more touristy accommodation. Not a swimming beach either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Cook Islands/Avarua, Rarotonga